Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Complete TIME TUNNEL Blu-ray (Pal) Coming August 13th U.K.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 JOEYD3

JOEYD3

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 04:10 PM

http://www.amazon.co..._ee_s_cp_6_RQRD

#2 of 14 JOEYD3

JOEYD3

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just had this forarded to me...

A Revelation Films spokesman has clarified-confided-related that the identical SD (Standard Definition) video transfers used for the previous Region 2 standard DVD edition have been employed again. The chief difference this time around is that the cliffhanger endings have been restored to their corresponding episodes once more.

This "blu-ray edition" can only be recommended for anyone who hasn't as yet purchased the earlier Region 2 standard DVD edition. A bonafide HD (High Definition) blu-ray release is yet to see the light-of-day and if (or when) it happens it will most certainly be made available in the much more sizeable (and lucratively substantial) North American home video market first.

Still it is gratifying that THE TIME TUNNEL (ABC 1966-67) would be (in a way) the first of the classic Irwin Allen (June 12th, 1916 - November 02nd, 1991) 1960s SF tv series to be made available in the higher grade medium. Let us hope that this is a (positive) harbinger of great things to come.

#3 of 14 MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 215 posts
  • LocationQuebec City, Canada

Posted April 15 2013 - 06:13 PM

Maybe it's a new trend for Irwin Allen's hit shows. The Time Tunnel Blu-ray will look like DVD, while Lost in Space DVD looked like VHS!  Remember? :wacko:

Girl power rules: Samantha, Jeannie, Jaime 
Come visit my You Tube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/ez2me2009

#4 of 14 Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 02:19 PM

This has been postponed to later in the year.

#5 of 14 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,112 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted December 19 2013 - 06:07 PM

This is now listed for April 14, 2014

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#6 of 14 MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 215 posts
  • LocationQuebec City, Canada

Posted May 04 2014 - 10:34 AM

Now delayed to April 2015!!!
Girl power rules: Samantha, Jeannie, Jaime 
Come visit my You Tube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/ez2me2009

#7 of 14 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,720 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:21 PM

I thought they got rid of PAL in the blu-ray format.

#8 of 14 bluelaughaminute

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:29 PM

Revelation originally told me ( when they first announced the series) that genuine HD masters for TT were not available. I told them in no uncertain terms that a Bluray in standard definition was no good for the fans or the format itself .

I'm hoping that the significant delays for this release is a result of them either gaining access to genuine HD masters or simply waiting until they can do it properly.

They said Lost In Space was not available to them despite them releasing Giants and Voyage on dvd in the UK along with the Fox  / Filmation cartoon series of Fantastic Voyage.

#9 of 14 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted May 04 2014 - 09:07 PM

I thought they got rid of PAL in the blu-ray format.

It may be 1080i rather than 1080p.  Then you're back to the 50Hz versus 60Hz thing again.

#10 of 14 bluelaughaminute

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 01:13 PM

UK equipment has been compatible for both 50hz and 60hz for around 25 years.

From what I hear its still common for 50hz playback to give US collectors problems.

Why does US equipment fail to match its Euro counterparts after all this time?

#11 of 14 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:44 PM

UK equipment has been compatible for both 50hz and 60hz for around 25 years.

From what I hear its still common for 50hz playback to give US collectors problems.

Why does US equipment fail to match its Euro counterparts after all this time?

It might be the demand for U.S. movies is greater in Europe than vice versa.  Not that many people here are enthusiasts to point where they'll import from Europe.   I have a couple LG multi-region BD players that output 50Hz as 60Hz, so it's not too hard to get the gear if someone looks.

#12 of 14 _william_

_william_

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted May 07 2014 - 03:44 PM

it's coming via Tunnel, but tjere is interference and they can't get a fix.  Increase power, we know this place has no fuses.

#13 of 14 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,643 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted May 12 2014 - 08:36 AM

Excellent news.  I keep meaning to pick up the DVD volumes for oop fears.  But now I don't have to worry about it.

Now, if they'll put Land of the giant in an affordable set I'll be very VERY happy.  $60 tops. 

Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#14 of 14 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted May 12 2014 - 04:13 PM

It might be the demand for U.S. movies is greater in Europe than vice versa.  Not that many people here are enthusiasts to point where they'll import from Europe.   I have a couple LG multi-region BD players that output 50Hz as 60Hz, so it's not too hard to get the gear if someone looks.

It might also be pressure from the US movie studios and/or the MPAA to discourage importing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users