1. Are they all hooked up with speaker wire?
2. Are your sources(that would be your cable/ATV/PS3) set up for 5.1?
3. Is the content you are watching via these sources 5.1 or 2.0?
4. What sound modes have you tried?
5. Have you done any set-up in the Pioneer to actually tell it there are 5 speakers and not 2?
6. Does MCACC create noise from all the speakers?
1. No, the sub is hooked up with subwoofer cable to the receiver. Otherwise, yes.
2. Not sure what you mean by this, but the settings in the ATV and PS3 both permit 5.1
3. I've tested each source with a movie that I know has 5.1 (streamed something on the ATV, bluray on the PS3 and something from the DVR)
4. Watching ATV:
Using the auto/direct button: auto surround (but I only get stereo -- no center and no sub); direct (same) and pure direct (same)
Using the alc/standard button: dolby PL, PLII, and NE06cinema (center only), NE06music (stereo, no sub), stereo and stereo alc (stereo, no sub)
Watching BluRay on PS3:
Using auto/direct is same
Using alc/standard button: PLII is fronts and center but no sub
Using auto/direct: (front and center, no sub)
Using alc/standard(stereo no sub)
I had been getting sound of the sub on one of the settings earlier today, but I couldn't replicate it just now.
5. I have been through the set up for speakers (set to surround back), which was selected after I ran the auto MCACC
If there's anything more specific I can tell you, or supply pictures or video, I'd be happy to. Thanks for your help.