Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help Me Contact Recou Browning

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 4,996 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 11 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yes, I'm trying to contact The Creature from the Black Lagoon.  I want to send him a print for his autograph.  I've already found a web site that gives the information I need for Julie Adam's autograph.  My plan is to have both of them autograph the same print.

I have found this link: http://www.fanmail.biz/112698.html

Is anyone familiar with this website, is the information reliable?  They aren't charging for the info, so it doesn't look like a scam.  I'm a little discouraged that the comments indicate it will take up to three months.

If anyone has any further info, I'd appreciate it.

Here's the print I want him to sign:

IMG_3003.jpg

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 8 fxrh

fxrh

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted April 11 2013 - 03:38 PM

You might want to contact the folks at Creepy Classics as I know that Ricou Browning has been a guest at their annual Monster Bash conventions.

Edited by fxrh, April 12 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#3 of 8 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,428 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 11 2013 - 06:37 PM

In a similar vein, he's appearing at the Chiller Theatre convention in New Jersey in a couple of weeks but if you're in Arkansas, the garden state is a bit of a drive.

http://www.chillerth...com/gt/gtc4.htm

Edited by TravisR, April 11 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#4 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 4,996 posts

Posted April 11 2013 - 07:42 PM

I've emailed Creepy Classics asking if they could confirm the address.  If I don't hear back from them, I'll send off the print anyway.  I'll at least take the chance.

That Chiller convention certainly has a lot of guests lined up.  I'm just not that interested in collecting autographs or meeting most of the guests listed.  But since childhood, I've loved CFTBL and really do want Recou's autograph.  Julie Adam's website has instructions on how to send her a picture for an autograph, which I'll do once I've got Ricou's.

I wish I had done this when Ben Chapman was still alive, the I'd have both the Creatures.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 8 fxrh

fxrh

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 12:14 AM

I just now noticed that it's Ricou, not Recou, and I've edited my earlier post to reflect the correct spelling.

Edited by fxrh, April 12 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#6 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 4,996 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 06:53 PM

Creepy Classics has confirmed the address at famail.biz is correct.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#7 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 4,996 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 06:55 PM

I just now noticed that it's Ricou, not Recou, and I've edited my earlier post to reflect the correct spelling.

Yeah, I goobered the title.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#8 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 4,996 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:22 PM

I now have my pumpkin pic with Ricou's autograph.  I have Julie Adams' website which gives instructions for obtaining her autograph.  Now if only I could find the address of Ginger Stanley, who was Julie's underwater double (and did the underwater ballet), my autographs would be complete.

Any ideas?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users