What's new

Spring Breakers Quick Review (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A critic once told me that a naked woman in a well done scene is both a combination of art and eroticism, and when done well the audience isn't just titilated they are connected to the people on screen. On the other hand, tons and tons of nudity tends to end up invoking images of National Geographic.
Welcome to Party Breakers. This film just never found it's legs for me. Voiceover narrative was silly, the concept was ridiculous, James Franco was interesting.. but laughable, as though he was a character you'd see on an episode of South Park (in fact, I would have sworn it WAS a character from South Park) and the sex and nudity is both not original and pretty boring.

I couldn't figure out if this film was trying to be Natural Born Killers or an updated Wild Things. In either setting it mostly failed.
Some of the camerawork is surprisingly effective, but the film just doesn't seem to get it together to make a story that makes sense.

C-

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I thought the film was pure shit. I know the director wanted to get his "message" across but I found it to be completely stupid with some of the most annoying characters I've seen in a VERY long time. I thought the ending was horrible but I guess the Disney Girls Gone Wild was enough to con people into seeing the film. I thought Franco's character was laughable and just as annoying but I'll give the actor credit for the performance.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Though this may be a Mr. Skin type moment: those expecting to see a nude or topless Selena Gomez.. not in this film.

That is all.

And I stick by my general statement in post #1. It's pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks