What's new

receptacles in ceiling (1 Viewer)

epeloke

Agent
Real Name
Eddie
We are having an electrician come out this week and wire the room we are finishing off for the theatre. He will be putting a receptacle in the ceiling for the projector. Based on the sloped ceilings, I think I'll only be able to have a 100" screen with an epson 8350, how far back should the receptacle be. Based on some calculations, I think the projector will be roughly 15 feet so was thinking the receptacle would just be half a foot or so before/after. Is this correct?

Also, should I have him add a receptacle to the ceiling where the screen will be in case we do get one that's motorized?

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can never have too many "receptacles". Matter of fact, have him put two in at the projector in case you ever decide to create a "mini-HVAC" or a motorized projector mount(to put it up into the ceiling when not in use).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just thought of two more things to do while the guy is there running electrical...

1. Have him run your HDMI. If you know where you are putting your AVR, he's already there fishing wire. Have him do that as well.
2. Optional, except it makes your future AV endeavors simpler. Have him also run 1/8th cables to BOTH locations and back to wherever you are putting the AVR. That way, if you ever buy an electric screen, you can also run 12v triggers to automate the screen and projector on/off. The 8350 might even have a 12v(I have no idea if it does...but...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks