Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

receptacles in ceiling

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   epeloke

epeloke

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted April 07 2013 - 03:54 PM

We are having an electrician come out this week and wire the room we are finishing off for the theatre.  He will be putting a receptacle in the ceiling for the projector.  Based on the sloped ceilings, I think I'll only be able to have a 100" screen with an epson 8350, how far back should the receptacle be.  Based on some calculations, I think the projector will be roughly 15 feet so was thinking the receptacle would just be half a foot or so before/after.  Is this correct?

Also, should I have him add a receptacle to the ceiling where the screen will be in case we do get one that's motorized?

Thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,489 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 07 2013 - 04:21 PM

You can never have too many "receptacles". Matter of fact, have him put two in at the projector in case you ever decide to create a "mini-HVAC" or a motorized projector mount(to put it up into the ceiling when not in use).

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,489 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 08 2013 - 05:34 AM

Just thought of two more things to do while the guy is there running electrical...

1. Have him run your HDMI. If you know where you are putting your AVR, he's already there fishing wire. Have him do that as well.

2. Optional, except it makes your future AV endeavors simpler. Have him also run 1/8th cables to BOTH locations and back to wherever you are putting the AVR. That way, if you ever buy an electric screen, you can also run 12v triggers to automate the screen and projector on/off. The 8350 might even have a 12v(I have no idea if it does...but...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users