Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

sound bars

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   hilcntry

hilcntry

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 06 2013 - 08:26 AM

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Greetings![/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Just found  this forum this morning. Need help selecting[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]a sound bar for bedroon tv. The man cave and living room[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]home theatres operating fine, wanted a better sound system[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]in the bedroon without going the whole theatre route.[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Purchased a Yamaha ATS 1010 but couldn't get it to operate[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]with the Direct TV remote. What I don't need is another[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]dedicated (yamaha sound bar) remote. Have been able to[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]program all other equipment to function with the Direct Tv[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]remote. Is anyone using a sound bar and been able to[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]access it with Direct TV remote? [/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]tia Tom hilcntry[/font]

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,020 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 06 2013 - 08:59 AM

Most "limited capability" soundbars don't come with a remote. The Boston TV series are programmed to work with the existing TV remote...and there are many others this way.

And lastly...did you try making the Soundbar work from the TV's remote...?

OR did you try from the "already works the TV's volume" Directv remote?

Little bit of a hint...has to be done from the TVs remote. You can't "program a soundbar" using the "learned" remote(be it Directv or Harmony...or anything else).

Your current soundbar will already work with your TV...if you program it with the TV remote.

Edited by schan1269, April 06 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   hilcntry

hilcntry

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 06 2013 - 11:03 AM

To Schan

Thanks for the help. Should have thought of it myself' but back to plan A take it back

to Costco.

I had to use the tv remote to program the volume control and use the Direst tv remote to

program the on/off function. It worked for about 15 mins then went dead. Back to Costco.

Before I make purchases I usually check Amazon and read the reviews.

There were  a number of negative reviews that mentioned the unit going dead.

New to this forum, looks like knowledgeable people are ready to help.

Will be back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users