Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Redbox is now renting 3D titles?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,114 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted April 06 2013 - 03:27 AM

Picked up Dredd last night from a Redbox kiosk and was pleasantly surprised that the menu came up with a option of 3D and 2D. 3D looked great with no ghosting/crosstalk that I could see on the 138 inch wide image from my Panasonic AE8000U front projector.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#2 of 4 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,859 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted April 08 2013 - 08:52 AM

Dredd has only been released in a 3D/2D combo disc on BD. It's not really surprising that this is the version available from Redbox.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 4 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,114 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted April 08 2013 - 10:31 AM

I contacted Redbox and this is their only 3D title. If they start renting more titles in 3D, the 3D will be mentioned in the description.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#4 of 4 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,859 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted April 08 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well that would be cool. I wanted to rent The Hobbit before committing to purchase.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users