Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sub not producing loud deep bass

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,781 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 06 2013 - 08:42 PM

Just curious...Did you already know what the Fokker was, or did you have to Google it?

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,049 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 07 2013 - 07:43 AM

You are right... Overall the system performs much better.. I did do the audyssey setup and do not know what the gain was for the sub .. I believe it was -3.......

Audyssey probably has your subwoofer running relative to your other speakers so the sub doesn't overpower them, if you want a little more bass you can adjust the -3 and set it at 0 or even +2, running a subwoofer hot is something a lot of people do, including myself, indeed in the manual for my SVS subwoofer they recommend it.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   greggor

greggor

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 11:27 AM

You are right... Overall the system performs much better.. I did do the audyssey setup and do not know what the gain was for the sub .. I believe it was -3.......

You could bump your gain up to "0" and just use your subwoofer gain to adjust sub volume..... In my experience all of the auto calibration systems tone the sub down too much for watching movies.  I prfer to do the calibration manually with a calibration disk and an SPL as was already suggested by another member. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users