What's new

Calibration of Epson 5020 (1 Viewer)

djtech2k

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
DJ
I am having an Epson 5020 installed today. This is my first projector, so I know nothing about calibration. I hear that it can make a major difference. Will I need a brand new projector calibrated? If so, how can it be done?

I am just trying to figure out what kind of difference it makes and if I do need to do it, how can I get it done?

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Every room scenario is different. Understanding what, exactly, a calibration is will tell you why it is worth it.Calibration is to make your display as close as possible to "visual benchmark". No you can't find calibration online in a guide.The Disney WOW disc is a grear start. Spears & Munsil is a learning curve. DVE is also a good choice. If using a disc doesn't come up with the desired result...then you bring in an ISF guy.

ElectronicTonic

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
schan1269 said:
Every room scenario is different. Understanding what, exactly, a calibration is will tell you why it is worth it.
Calibration is to make your display as close as possible to "visual benchmark". No you can't find calibration online in a guide.
The Disney WOW disc is a grear start. Spears & Munsil is a learning curve. DVE is also a good choice. If using a disc doesn't come up with the desired result...then you bring in an ISF guy.
Well, THIS is as close to a "guide" as you can get. Calibration takes many, many hours to understand, and many more to actually get results. I agree, get a test disc, and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks