What's new

Subscriptions Are Back! (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'm happy to announce this morning that subscriptions to threads have been imported and linked to your profile. Forum subscriptions could not be migrated - but i'll include info on how to do that a little later.

In order to view your subscriptions, please click on the Content I Follow button at the top or bottom of your screen.

post-383964-0-37356600-1365080934_thumb.jpg

From there - you'll get your menu of Subscriptions. Please keep in mind that this is automatically filtered by IP.Board to show only recent updates. Please be sure to use the filter bar on the left to adjust your recency settings as required. You can also choose to see items you have participated in rather than just followed (subscribed) items:

2.png

To follow a forum or subforum, simply click the "Follow this forum" button at the top as shown below:

3.png

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 72

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Woohoo!

Great news, Dave!

I am looking forward to figuring out the entire "Content I Follow" and "My Content" phenomena and making it my own.

I think figuring out the filtering aspects and trying to understand it in terms of a comparison with Huddler's Activity Stream is going to be what's necessary for me to sort it all out.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
This system seems far more robust than the old one.I suppose that the new sort means that it's not required to have a feature where you automatically "subscribe" to threads you post to as it used to be.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
This system seems far more robust than the old one.I suppose that the new sort means that it's not required to have a feature where you automatically "subscribe" to threads you post to as it used to be.
Moe:

I am still working on understanding all this...but I know there are settings in the "Edit My Profile" section/Notifications Options which allow just what you are describing.

One of the first things I did with this software was switch my settings so that any thread in which I post is now considered "Content I follow."

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It's getting a bit more complicated. I feel like I could use some help from Goofy to assist me in managing my HTF settings.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mike, I did set that setting that way, but I did it like day one of the new forum, so maybe it all got reset when they were tinkering...

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
JoeDoakes said:
It's getting a bit more complicated. I feel like I could use some help from Goofy to assist me in managing my HTF settings.
Joe,

We're here to help! Please post any questions or concerns and we'll assist.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I kinda wish that I'd seen this feature news before going to work yesterday -- I wouldn't have received a large number of email about thread updates (note: I can't read HTF at work, so was utterly unable to log in to turn off the email notification setting, which I'd previously done on the old board) throughout the day, essentially spamming me. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But then, Alex, you had a reason to look forward to going home...instead of wanting to stay all day at work. :laugh:

"Oooh! I get to go home and update my HTF notification settings!"

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The e-mail notifications are the only way I can keep up during the day. I like having 100,000 HTF e-mails every day...it breaks up the monotony of the day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
I like having 100,000 HTF e-mails every day...it breaks up the monotony of the day.
I'm calling the hyperbole police on this one...although it's the same reason I give for never using e-mail notifications! :biggrin:

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Are previous subscriptions (before transition) not included in the new Content I Follow? All I'm getting is this thread and the "We're Back" thread. Did I need to click a certain setting or something?

Edit: Nevermind, I used the "Content I Follow" inside the My Profile tab. I think I need a nap!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is Subscriptions considered fully functional? It's still haphazard to me. Some threads it works on, others not. It seems that the auto-follow on post and auto-follow on thread creation don't work. Or maybe they didn't originally but do now? I've had to Unfollow and Follow again to get notifications to work on various threads.

I've not seen any apparent notifications from subs before the platform switch, so I don't know if that means there's been no updates in those threads, or if subs aren't working for those threads.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
I'm calling the hyperbole police on this one...although it's the same reason I give for never using e-mail notifications! :biggrin:
You got me Mike! :P It's not quite 100k, but I would think it's easily 100 per day, depending on the conversations going on and where I'm jumping in. Jim is always mortified when I tell him how much e-mail I get overnight or on the weekends. He thinks 20 messages is a lot...HA!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
DaveF said:
Is Subscriptions considered fully functional? It's still haphazard to me. Some threads it works on, others not. It seems that the auto-follow on post and auto-follow on thread creation don't work. Or maybe they didn't originally but do now? I've had to Unfollow and Follow again to get notifications to work on various threads.

I've not seen any apparent notifications from subs before the platform switch, so I don't know if that means there's been no updates in those threads, or if subs aren't working for those threads.
Dave,First I've heard of this issue but I have inquired. Will try to update you once I hear back. If not - please prod me gently and remind me in a few days :)

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Solana said:
Do subscriptions from before the conversion work properly? I'm not getting notified.
I had to "unfollow" and re-"follow" my favorite threads several days ago in order to get them to appear on "View My Content" and now everything works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks