Sugarfoot coming from WBA?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 03:58 AM

According to our pals at TV shows on DVD.com, Sugarfoot is on the way from WBA.  Great news.  

http://tvshowsondvd....-Season-1/18271

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,413 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:15 AM

Just saw that as well and hope its true and hopefully Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 will also be on the way soon.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:18 AM

Just saw that as well and hope its true and hopefully Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 will also be on the way soon.

And The Dakotas   :) 

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,413 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:21 AM

Yeah I've never seen it and its only half a season but I've heard good things about it so yes Dakotas as well. I've only seen an episode or two of Sugarfoot and Bronco and never seen Colt .45 so all will be new and fresh to me.

And The Dakotas   :) 

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yeah I've never seen it and its only half a season but I've heard good things about it so yes Dakotas as well. I've only seen an episode or two of Sugarfoot and Bronco and never seen Colt .45 so all will be new and fresh to me.

Randy, my own personal opinion is that The Dakotas is the best WB western they ever produced, including Cheyenne and Maverick, but then again JMO.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,497 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 09:26 AM

I remember really liking The Dakotas as kid. Haven't seen it in reruns since. Short-running shows don't seem to get shown much anymore.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Silverking

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 10:20 AM

Deep Discount is also listing 'Sugarfoot', so it looks pretty good for release.

Nice to see Warners beginning to mine their old B/W series. Chances are we will see their old detective material as well as the westerns in due course. Don't forget also 'The Alaskans' with Roger Moore & 'The Roaring 20's'. Two Warner shows that haven't been in rerun for several decades & are tough to find in any form.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 12:17 PM

Deep Discount is also listing 'Sugarfoot', so it looks pretty good for release.

Nice to see Warners beginning to mine their old B/W series. Chances are we will see their old detective material as well as the westerns in due course. Don't forget also 'The Alaskans' with Roger Moore & 'The Roaring 20's'. Two Warner shows that haven't been in rerun for several decades & are tough to find in any form.

Yep, have seen both, The Alaskans is really hard to find on the collectors market, The Roaring 20's a little less so.  The Alaskans reminds me a little of Maverick in the way that Maverick relies on a charming hero with a comedic twist, The Alaskans relies on Roger Moore in much the same role.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,741 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 04:34 AM

This is awesome news indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users