What's new

Some additional help and how-to guides (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Is there anything in there that allows me more then 20 posts per page?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
MORE probably would be better.

While it was a user setting in vbulletin, it might be better--if possible--to at least jump it to 30 (as it was under Huddler).

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Hi there,
Q: I can't seem to find where I can change my display name (it's currently my email address). I found the 'History of Display name changes' button but nowhere can I locate where one actually changes it (probably staring me in the face).

Cheers

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Go to your profile page/Edit My Profile. In the left-hand column you'll see "Display name."

Please be sure--if you use a nickname--to include a "Real Name." This can be added by clicking "Profile Settings" at the top of the left-hand column and entering it under "Profile Information" at the bottom of that page.

Thanks.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Okay. I do that, I get taken to 'General Account Settings', but there's no 'Edit My Display name' option anywhere on that page as far as I can see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Paul:

"General Account Settings" is correct.

Don't you see "Display Name" in the column on the far left-hand side of the page?

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
This is where I find myself:
Untitled.jpg

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I don't see that, either. But I did in the past. It might have been during our brief trial period, or just after, but I clearly remember changing mine myself.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm. Most be only I can see it with Moderator permissions.

Tell ya what, Paul. Send me a PM with the name you'd like displayed and I'll see about changing your name myself. I would have done that from the beginning...but I thought it was something members could do themselves.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I can't seem to get "Find By Date" in the Search options to work. Whenever the calendar comes up, I choose a date and hit OK, but then the search form remains blank. Am I leaving something out?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Is it possible to edit a Topic Name for a Topic that I created? I really want to correct a Misspelling on one of my created Topics, but I haven't been able to figure out how!

Any information on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

CHEERS!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
TonyD said:
don't think so. Just report a post and ask them to do it.
That's great, except it states that this method is to be used only for reporting objectionable content, and not for other communications with Moderators! Is there any alternative way of reporting a Topic for the purpose of Corrections?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Tony Bensley said:
Is there any alternative way of reporting a Topic for the purpose of Corrections?
Just send a moderator a private PM, scroll your mouse onto a users name and you will see send message, use that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks