What's new

International A Quick Look - THE UNINVITED (1944) (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is an Exposure Cinema (U.K.) release of the classic Universal ghost story, which many of us have been begging Universal to give us here in the States. It is called a "Special Edition," although the only bonus materials are a crumby-looking trailer and a very nice little booklet with lots of photos.

The image quality is decent, generally very sharp, and with good contrast and some grain texture. Sound is serviceable. The running time when PAL is figured in is about 94 minutes.

If you want this terrific film, it's the only game in out of town.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I've been hooting and hollering for either Criterion or TCM to use their Universal connection and give us a definitive BD presentation of THE UNINVITED for Halloween 2013! The Exposure DVD image quality is okay and the booklet is really nice, but I understand that there was a restoration of this film some years ago and that a really nice print does exist. It's a bit embarrassing that a bona-fide classic like this has not been released in the U.S. After all, Warners is finally putting out THE HAUNTING in BD this October. I would so love to see THE UNINVITED as a blu-ray!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
You got your wish - Criterion has announced this for October.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
To quote Blanche Dubois: "Sometimes there's God, so quickly." Well, certainly for me, anyway, and just in time for Halloween! Can't wait for this one. Thank you Criterion, you are a class act!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks