-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

QUESTION ABOUT REGION-FREE 3-D PLAYERS

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,067 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 06:50 PM

On Ron's H-U-G-E recommendation, I ordered and have received A TURTLE'S TALE in 3-D from the U.K. I even paid nearly $300.00 for a Pioneer region-free player, but after using it a few times, packed it up and returned it --- if you guys thought the Sherwood was noisy, this one emitted a high-pitched squeal with every menu choice and an even worse on when loading. Intolerable.

Now I'm thinking: It is unlikely very many 3-D films will be popping up in Europe that aren't available here, and I already have an all-region Blu-ray player. Thus, I don't want to spend $300 just to watch A TURTLE'S TALE, as fun as it may be.

So, I now have my eyes on a

TOSHIBA BDX5300

for $200.00 Does anyone own this unit? If so, is it noisy? Is switching region-to-region tricky?

Or...

Can anyone recommend a player like this in the same price range?

Many thanks.

Edited by Dick, March 28 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#2 of 2 Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 853 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 09:02 PM

I recently purchased the Toshiba BDX5300 and would recommend it.  Switching between regions is as easy as pressing a number key on the remote.  Even better, it has an internal PAL to NTSC converter (many Blu-ray players do not include this, including my old Panasonic BD110.)  This enables playback of 50 Hz material that was problematic on my old player. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users