What's new

Experience with Accessories4Less? (1 Viewer)

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
Who has done business with Accessories4Less? I am strongly leaning toward picking up my receiver from them along with an extended warranty. I believe Onkyo's usual warranty for a new receiver is a limited 2 year warranty, whereas the factory refurbs at A4L is only 1 year. I could pick up the maximum extended warranty for $50, bringing it to 5 years.

Has anyone had to "use" their warranty with A4L? If so, how does it work?

Thanks for your insights!

Bruce

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Lots of folks have done business with them. I personally have ordered two receivers from them and have no complaints. I would imagine their extended warranty is solid but I dont have any personal experience with it.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ac4l.com now uses New Leaf as their warranty company. A quick search shows New Leaf was started by two guys that also started Warrantech. The BBB gives them an A- rating but I don't think they have been in business very long. Everythings a gamble no matter what or where you buy but I still think a

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
I went ahead and ordered an Onkyo TX-NR717 from Accessories4Less + extended warranty. Thanks, all!

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
I have had a few orders with them, including a surge protector. Everything went smooth. The shipping was a bit slow, but arrived in good shape and worked as advertised. I would rate them well as an online vendor.

David+H

Grip
I just purchased a Denon AVR 1913 from A4L and things went smoothly. Ordered online Monday and it arrived Fed Ex ground today (Wednesday). I have not set it up yet to confirm it works but the ordering and shipping process was quick and easy

rajkiran610

Auditioning
Real Name
Raj
I am planning to order refurbished Yamaha Home theatre from Accessories4less. I haven't purchased anything from this site before. Does any one have purchased from this site recently? Please share you experience.

Thanks,

Raj

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
rajkiran610 said:
I am planning to order refurbished Yamaha Home theatre from Accessories4less. I haven't purchased anything from this site before. Does any one have purchased from this site recently? Please share you experience.

Thanks,

Raj
I wouldn't worry too much about a standard purchased as they are factory authorized. The big question above appears to be the extended warranty (beyond) the one year you get which is done by a third party. I'll likely buy a couple of receivers over the next year or so from them. Just waiting for newer technology to get into what they carry.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ac4l has added a few brands over the last couple of years including Wharfdale, KEF, Cambridge Audio and a few Integra models.

Many ac4l avr's come with free shipping but if you want to return it they will deduct the shipping charges from the refund amount. I'm sure other e-tailers do the same thing but just thought I'd mention it.

Also, after you've selected a receiver check Amazon and others for a price comparison. Example: right now Amazon has the Yamaha 1030 new for $699 shipped. Same as ac4l for a refurb.

Otherwise, buy with confidence from ac4l.com. They're not perfect either but Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, etc. wouldn't hitch their wagon to them if they weren't legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks