Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Here was my fix to Airplay intermittent cutting out....

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   nystad

nystad

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 04:32 AM

Was having major issues w/ my airplay setup running w/ Denon AVR-331CI.  Would cut out for about 1-2 seconds about 5-8 times per song whither it was using pandora or my itunes library.  Finally solved the issue.  I switched the wireless connection for aiplay to 5ghz connection option vs. 20....no more dropping.  not once in 3 days!   Hopefully this helps someone else out there.... Was news to everyone I spoke w/ but maybe already a known fix?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,207 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 27 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yep. most people doing HT and "multi-room" content/streaming have moved into 5ghz routers. I bought my 2nd one in 2011.

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=wndr4500

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   zoetmb

zoetmb

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted March 29 2013 - 12:29 PM

If you're using Airplay with Apple Express, I find that it helps to reboot the Apple Express boxes every once in a while (by unplugging them, then plugging them back in).    For some reason, I get a tremendous speed decrease (which can also cause stuttering, etc.)  I noticed the speed was very slow last night, unplugged it and after it "rebooted", my speed was 10x as fast. 

This may be true with other network boxes as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users