Photo
- - - - -

Subscriptions coming back?

Best Answer Adam Gregorich , March 25 2013 - 10:37 PM

I will put something together tomorrow that talks about subscriptions, but this will get you started:

My Content under your name in the upper right has a list of things you have actually participated in.

Content I Follow under your name in the upper right is actually the content you are subscribed to

View New Content is all new content on the site.

Notification Options (under my settings) is where you configure your subscription notification options

There is a red number to the left of your name if there are is any new content for topics you are subscribed to.  One of the options here is to auto subscribe to any thread you reply to.  To follow any thread you haven't replied to follow Parker's advice and click on the follow this topic button.

This will be how you handle subscriptions going forward.  We are working on importing your previous subscriptions.

Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 DaveF

DaveF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 25 2013 - 05:47 PM

Will subscriptions be added to the new forum in the near future?

I'm missing that a lot :)

• DavidJ and ManW_TheUncool like this

#2 of 15 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,055 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:10 PM

Dave:

If you are just wanting to subscribe to a thread just click on the "Follow This Topic" link at the top right of each thread.

That is what I have used so far. You can get instant email notifications and see the ones you are following

in your profile.

Packy

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 15 David Weicker

David Weicker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:11 PM

If  you click on your name in the top right, the pull-down has something called 'My Content' which seems similar to Subscriptions.   I am not sure what the difference is (if there is any other than the name). 

However, I haven't been able to get this using the Mobile version (on my IPhone).

But on my desktop, it is a reasonable substitute.

I'm sure you will get an official response from the (justly) busy people at HTF.

#4 of 15 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to add items to "follow" on the mobile site, but the full site apparently has a button for that. I guess that's something on the to-do list for mobile.

OTOH, it would be nice to have our old, preexisting subscriptions migrated as well so we don't need to manually resubscribe/re-follow them...

_Man_

Edited by ManW_TheUncool, March 25 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#5 of 15 HunterMan

HunterMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted March 25 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to add items to "follow" on the mobile site, but the full site apparently has a button for that. I guess that's something on the to-do list for mobile.

OTOH, it would be nice to have our old, preexisting subscriptions migrated as well so we don't need to manually resubscribe/re-follow them...

_Man_

I can't find any of my subscriptions!! :angry: So, I can't even manually re-subscribe to them if they aren't even there! :(  Will they be brought back...or in this "move" did a lot of stuff just get deleted?? :unsure:

#6 of 15 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Advanced Member

• 10,145 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 25 2013 - 10:03 PM

My understanding is subscriptions are being worked on

The following suggestion is a temporary solution at best, but you might find it useful.

Go to a forum, such as TV Programming. In the blue strip above the thread titles you'll see sorting options. Click on "Custom" and under "Show Topic Type" select "Topics I Replied In," followed by whatever sorting you prefer, as well as whether you want the custom filter remembered. Click "Update Filter."

The list will then show you all the threads you've participated in and you can open the ones you're interested in and manually select to follow them.

Another useful option under "Show Topic Type" is "Topics I Started."

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#7 of 15 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Advanced Member

• 14,397 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 25 2013 - 10:37 PM   Best Answer

I will put something together tomorrow that talks about subscriptions, but this will get you started:

My Content under your name in the upper right has a list of things you have actually participated in.

Content I Follow under your name in the upper right is actually the content you are subscribed to

View New Content is all new content on the site.

Notification Options (under my settings) is where you configure your subscription notification options

There is a red number to the left of your name if there are is any new content for topics you are subscribed to.  One of the options here is to auto subscribe to any thread you reply to.  To follow any thread you haven't replied to follow Parker's advice and click on the follow this topic button.

This will be how you handle subscriptions going forward.  We are working on importing your previous subscriptions.

#8 of 15 DaveF

DaveF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 26 2013 - 03:03 AM

Thanks. I found it. I have to re-do all my subs; I wasn't getting any forum notifications because of that. (Hopefully email notifications aren't the only option. I don't want those.)

The sub feature is hidden, and difficult to get to on mobile. I hope it can be brought forward as a main page, easily found by prominent link. :)

#9 of 15 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 709 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted March 26 2013 - 06:08 AM

Dave, you can manage your digest settings similar to Huddler in Settings.

#10 of 15 Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted April 03 2013 - 09:02 AM

Where is View New Content is all new content on the site.. I cannot find that

#11 of 15 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Advanced Member

• 14,397 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 07:42 PM

Where is View New Content is all new content on the site.. I cannot find that

That is a direct link. You can also find it above the search box on the upper right of the page.

#12 of 15 HunterMan

HunterMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted April 11 2013 - 10:59 PM

There are still some subscriptions I cannot find...where are they at with getting all of those back...or are they gone forever? :(   I have to be honest and say I've not been too pleased or happy with this new change :angry:  ...especially if it deleted most of what I was subscribed to and was posting in.

#13 of 15 HunterMan

HunterMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted April 16 2013 - 06:37 PM

In the old hometheaterforum I was subscribed to a forum called "Dallas: Complete First Season Review". I cannot find it anywhere here at this new place. Is it gone for good...or are old subscriptions still being brought back yet?

#14 of 15 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Advanced Member

• 14,397 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 08:45 PM

In the old hometheaterforum I was subscribed to a forum called "Dallas: Complete First Season Review". I cannot find it anywhere here at this new place. Is it gone for good...or are old subscriptions still being brought back yet?

LOL That one specific thread was accidentally deleted.  It has been restored and can be found here: http://www.hometheat...on-2012-review/  Sorry about that.

#15 of 15 HunterMan

HunterMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMid-West

Posted April 20 2013 - 10:34 PM

LOL That one specific thread was accidentally deleted.  It has been restored and can be found here: http://www.hometheat...on-2012-review/  Sorry about that.

Adam--Thanks for letting me know, and I'm really glad it's been restored!! :)   I'm not loving everything about this new "change"...as it seems I'm not always getting notified when new posts are made to forums I'm following :unsure: --but at least I have now found each of the forums I was following on the old hometheater site. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users