Tapatalk (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
atfree said:
Any idea if access to forum vis Tapatalk app will be restored? Not a priority but very convenient for mobile access.
We are discussing it, but its further down the road. Have you tried the mobile skin? I would be interested to know what you and any other members think

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Adam Gregorich said:
We are discussing it, but its further down the road. Have you tried the mobile skin? I would be interested to know what you and any other members think
I just tried the mobile skin on my Android phone, and it looks very good. The look and feel are similar to the full forum, but with formatting for a smaller device. It seemed rather snappy, too, but I was on my home wi-fi. I did not try it on a 3G/4G connection. Overall, I think it will be very usable.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've used the mobile on my LG L9. Works like a charm...when the phone does.

Oddly at our 2nd house(bought for an elderly relative to "be close", yet still on his own...), I get worse service on the LG than I did my prior Crackberry. I could use the mobile site on the Blackberry there...the LG refuses to load it. Although when I'm anywhere that has good service...it opens up and works like a charm.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Adam Gregorich said:
Been using the mobile site on my iPhone. I have nothing but praise for it. It's a pleasure to use. I've been mostly absent from HTF since the move to Huddler, and I'm excited to be back. The usability of the new platform has already surpassed that of Huddler. Loving it. Thanks!

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Let me add a vote for Tapatalk. While the mobile version may work well, I still prefer having my forums in one place so I can quickly and easily see what is new and updated. Using the browser works well on the computer, but when I'm on my phone I typically want to get in and get out. Having to move from site to site to see what is new is a PITA.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
All feedback is appreciated, and keep it coming, but I just want to set a realist expectation that we won't be making any changes to mobile for at least a few months. We are discussing a branded app and some other mobile options, but since the mobile skin works really well and we have so many other things that we still want to do for the main site, we will be putting our primary focus here for the next 2-3 months.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I need more info. Can you not connect to it, or you can connect to it but just can't login once you get there? What is happening when you try?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I don't see any way in the mobile version to jump to a specific page in a thread. I clicked on an 80 page thread and since I hadn't been in it before, it rightfully took me to the first page. But then I wanted to jump to the end to read the recent posts and I couldn't find a way to do it short of clicking "next" 80 times.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... I don't use Tapatalk, but thought I'd try what someone else suggested for jumping to the last post via the last post's date/time link on the thread listing page to see. Oddly, looks like we only get that date/time link (for the last post) on the mobile site when viewing from the New Contents listing, not any of the regular (sub)forum thread listings.Is that how it's supposed to work? _Man_

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
ManW_TheUncool said:
Hmmm... I don't use Tapatalk, but thought I'd try what someone else suggested for jumping to the last post via the last post's date/time link on the thread listing page to see.Oddly, looks like we only get that date/time link (for the last post) on the mobile site when viewing from the New Contents listing, not any of the regular (sub)forum thread listings.Is that how it's supposed to work?_Man_
That's the way it works in the current mobile skin.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
David Willow said:
Let me add a vote for Tapatalk. While the mobile version may work well, I still prefer having my forums in one place so I can quickly and easily see what is new and updated. Using the browser works well on the computer, but when I'm on my phone I typically want to get in and get out. Having to move from site to site to see what is new is a PITA.
+1 I browse quite a few forums with Tapatalk and am missing HTF on there!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Working good. Now debating whether to get the Tapatalk HD app or not. Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks