• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Don Crouch

Don Crouch

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi Robert....wondering if you have heard any news regarding bluray releases for the EXTENDED versions of both Wyatt Earp and Tombstone....I've heard both are superior to the theatrical cuts....any enlightenment to share, sir?

#2 of 5 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• PipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 24 2013 - 08:25 AM

Do a Google search about Kurt Russell directing Tombstone and George P Cosmatos being the "ghost director" and you will find an excellent interview where Mr Russell talks about having a huge amount of footage from Tombstone and his intention was to make a much longer cut one day, i have no idea if that will ever happen but i have wanted the extended edition of this film and Armageddon and a few others like Pearl Harbor for years, it just doesn't seem to be happening, a superior format to DVD and yet so often they have not used seamless branching to give us alternative cuts of a film.

:EDIT:  Here is the interview for you.

http://hollywood-els...006/russell.pdf

Edited by FoxyMulder, March 24 2013 - 08:48 AM.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 of 5 Don Crouch

Don Crouch

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the link, great reading!! Would LOVE for someone to pay Russell to make his "dream cut", but was referring specifically to the "director's cut" boxed into that article, I've read elsewhere of a similar extended cut of the Kasden/Costner biopic..BOTH NEED TO BE BLU'D!

MODERATORS: This is reply attempt #4!

#4 of 5 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 07:04 PM

Oh Yeah! I would love to have a Theatrical release Tombstone Blu-ray with seamless branching to "Kurt Russell's Definitive Cut" ( if he would make one) over the Vista Series Director's cut that was released on DVD.

Edited by Rodney, March 24 2013 - 07:04 PM.

-Rodney

#5 of 5 Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 07:17 PM

Would love to have the extended cut of Wyatt Earp. Had the vhs but never got the dvd. Liked WE alot better than Tombstone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Robert Harris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users