-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What I Really Like About the New Platform...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,995 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:50 PM

There's LOTS of things I like.

But I felt compelled to remark about this one right away.  I was just in a thread, composing a reply.  And while I was ever-so-carefully selecting my words, I noticed a pop-up box at the top of my screen saying there was a new reply to the thread.  Someone else's reply was entered to the thread at the same time I was composing mine.

I clicked on the box and read the new reply...AND didn't lose the text that I had already entered in the editor.

Very cool.  :thumbs-up-smiley:

I also like the lists of people in a particular thread (or on the entire forum as listed on the home page) that are situated at the bottom of each page. 

There's LOTS to like...even though there's still lots of things which need to get straightened out. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 21 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,953 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 22 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think you are finding out the new features faster than we are!!!!

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#3 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,995 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 10:07 PM

Well, you guys are a little busy.  :biggrin:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#4 of 21 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,121 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 23 2013 - 03:55 AM

I like just about everything I've seen -- and I'm still feeling my way around figuring things out, which is kind of fun.

#5 of 21 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,561 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted March 23 2013 - 07:18 AM

So far I like *everything* better than the old Huddler system!  I'd say people having problems are just not poking around much.  I've found *lots* of cool features:

The "cookie trail" at the *top* between the "Forum Nav" button and Forum name as well as the *bottom* of pages.

Clicking on the time of the last post under the last poster's name takes you to the last post in that thread.

The ability to "clear" multiquote selections (which also caused a short bit of confusion doing a multiquote as the process is different)

The "Preview topic" arrow

The "Hot" designation on threads with lots of activity

The ability to "Mark this forum as read" (which I'm assuming really means the sub-forum you're currently viewing).

The "Go to first unread post" at the top right of a thread page (allowing one to go there if accidentally clicked on the main post rather than the "go to first unread" circle in the thread listing).

The "Recent Topics" box.

The "Tracker" for consolidation of suggestions/bug reporting and easy access from anywhere on the site.

And I'm sure I'll find more as time goes on.  So far I'm really liking the move.  It was very much worth almost a week of outage to get this! :D

#6 of 21 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,817 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 05:54 AM

Niiice.

Would like to see at least some of those in the mobile version though.

Actually, I seem to recall seeing what Mike mentioned at some point, but don't recall if it happened w/ the mobile version.

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#7 of 21 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,078 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted March 28 2013 - 06:02 AM

I really like the down arrow towards the right in the body of a thread title. Click on it and you get a listing right under the

thread with a listing of the first and last post in the box.

I just really really like the ease of navigation and far less confusion in finding what you want. The KISS principle really

applies to the forum now.

Packy

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#8 of 21 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,121 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 28 2013 - 06:05 AM

Oh, that IS neat.  Hadn't tried it yet.

#9 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,995 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 28 2013 - 07:32 AM

I mentioned this in another thread, but I also like the new MultiQuote function.

Before...it was practically impossible to quote a post on one page of a thread and then successfully navigate to another page and quote a 2nd post. 

Now, you can be on one page, click MultiQuote, travel to another page, click MultiQuote and you compile a queue of quotes and promote the appearance of a small box on your screen which tells you how many quotes you have.  When you compile all the quotes you want, you click on the box and it dumps them all, successfully into a reply box...all neat and pretty. 

#10 of 21 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,078 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'll quote that!

reason the RNC."

#11 of 21 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,458 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 01 2013 - 11:29 AM

I like the Troll/Spam button....I clicked it on the latest round of cell phone ads, and the posts disappeared.

Is that a sort of administrative function because I'm an ambassador, or can anyone do it?

#12 of 21 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,561 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted April 02 2013 - 12:42 PM

I like the Troll/Spam button....I clicked it on the latest round of cell phone ads, and the posts disappeared.

Is that a sort of administrative function because I'm an ambassador, or can anyone do it?

Must be a administrative function.  I do not have that button, just the "report" non-button link.

#13 of 21 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 810 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:25 PM

Niiice.

Would like to see at least some of those in the mobile version though.

Actually, I seem to recall seeing what Mike mentioned at some point, but don't recall if it happened w/ the mobile version.

_Man_

We're working on subscriptions right now - but a branded mobile app based upon tapatalk is a likely target for late this month/early next. No promises of course, but provided there aren't technical roadblocks, we hope to do that.

#14 of 21 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,604 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 04 2013 - 10:10 PM

Having a great time finding new things. But I really like the way the forum shows up on my iPhone and iPad. It is much easier to navigate and use. Thanks.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#15 of 21 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,323 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted April 07 2013 - 05:36 AM

I really like the iPhone interface. My first few minutes felt really good. 

I'm neutral on iPad. It works, and generally quite well. But since it's the desktop website, many icons, particularly for subscriptions and latest post, are small and require precision touching. And, as I never get tired of saying, the edit box is too small. :)

#16 of 21 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,887 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 27 2014 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

Haven't posted anything about the move in a while but I want to note today that HTF has really found its groove again for me. Everything just works for the most part and it looks good, is flexible wrt posting, does a decent job on mobile, and from a posters perspective it really seems like we are picking up steam and new members lately.

Seriously thanks to all the owners and mods who made this happen and stuck with it for the long run. You did a terrific job and it is VERY much appreciated! I hope it has been as successful on your end!

But the reason I post in this particular thread is to say: I REALLY like the like button! And nobody is more surprised than me about that, I thought it was kinda dumb to start with. Since then tho I have found that it's a GREAT mechanism for both letting other posters know you think they posted something great AND also that you simply saw something that was addressed to or affects you. I say to all you doubters, give the like button a chance! =)
  • Robert Crawford, Adam Gregorich, Steve Tannehill and 3 others like this

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#17 of 21 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,698 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted February 28 2014 - 09:00 AM

Thanks Sam.  While not a lot of obvious changes have been made to the platform, we are still working on some refinements and migration cleanup that will be rolled out over the next few months.

• Sam Posten and Cameron Yee like this

#18 of 21 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,254 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 06:46 AM

Sam,

First, I wanted to thank you for the comment.

You are the biggest nutter we have here -- and my personal favorite.

To see a glowing comment like this means much.  I know you are very

sincere about the things you say.

What can we say?  We left a bad place a year ago.  Being back on our

own has enabled us to do things the way *we* want rather than be confined

to other people's perception of how a forum should be built and run.

As Adam noted above, there are more refinements on the way.  The biggest

thing we see happening to HTF is IPS 4.0 which is already long overdue.  We

are hoping this major upgrade to the platform will bring many new perks to the

member experience here.

• Sam Posten likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#19 of 21 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,078 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 10:41 PM

The best thing that has happened to HTF in years is the move to IP Board. That single move brought HTF back

to its roots of being a great place to hang out without the constant drain of what is going to happen next with

the platform.

Packy

• Sam Posten likes this

reason the RNC."

#20 of 21 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,461 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 11:15 PM

Agreed. I stuck with the HTF during the Hudler days because of the quality of the community, but it wasn't a pleasant web experience. This is soooo much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users