Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

William Friedkin's Sorcerer is finally headed to Blu-ray!

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 of 73 OFFLINE   Noach Kowalski

Noach Kowalski

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted August 27 2013 - 07:04 AM

It took a friggin' lawsuit to get the film the attention it needed? It saddens me greatly to be constantly reminded that the studios are owned and operated by bean counters and not by people who love films. I'm thrilled the film is finally being rescued, though. Any estimate of a Blu-ray release date?

Spring 2014.

#62 of 73 OFFLINE   Reggie W

Reggie W

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 05:03 AM

http://projection-bo...9-sorcerer.html

If you visit the link above you can listen to a discussion of Sorcerer and an interview with Mr. Friedkin and yes, he does say the blu-ray release is set for the spring of 2014 but before that he says there will be a theatrical run for the film. He also mentions that this project is a joint venture of Warner and Universal. He talks about the special features that will appear on the blu-ray and there is a link there as well to the Sorcerer blog.

Pretty excited to see this one as I don't think I've ever seen the film presented in a good way and this film is an amazing visual as well as audio experience.  

#63 of 73 OFFLINE   davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 454 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted September 08 2013 - 11:10 AM

OK, but not a patch on the original Wages of Fear.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#64 of 73 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,154 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hope they manage to do something about the sound. Although I love the soundtrack, it's arguably Tangerine Dream's worst recording audio quality wise. Very muddy even on vinyl.

#65 of 73 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,152 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 09 2013 - 05:26 AM

Very muddy even on vinyl.

Heh! A good deal of the movie is rather "muddy" too! :)

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#66 of 73 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,229 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:46 AM

I'm almost through that podcast.  It's about two hours long, and worth it.

#67 of 73 OFFLINE   Reggie W

Reggie W

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 04:32 AM

Glad you enjoyed it, Charles. They now have an episode up about Seconds. These guys seem to hit on many films I like and the podcasts have become regular programming while I'm in the car. 

#68 of 73 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,124 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 09:20 AM

Friedkin posted on FB last night that the Blu-Ray release of SORCERER will be on April 14, 2014 via Warner Bros. 

• lukejosephchung likes this

#69 of 73 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,247 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 09:27 PM

frie.jpeg

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#70 of 73 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,220 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 07:29 AM

Perhaps this was a bit like Blade Runner? Some people own some of the rights etc etc.

#71 of 73 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,152 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm guessing that the actual release date on Blu-ray will be April 15th as that's a Tuesday. The 14th is a Monday, and could perhaps be used as the release date in other territories than the USA.

Anyway - that's about 138 days!

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#72 of 73 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,922 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted November 30 2013 - 02:42 PM

Other than the tragically-MIA (and still-skeptical) The Abyss & True Lies, Sorcerer is my most-anticipated 2014 major-studio release. 

Edited by cineMANIAC, November 30 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#73 of 73 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,152 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 04:53 AM

Amazon is now listing the release date of SORCERER on Blu-Ray as April 22, 2014, so that's one more week to wait. Ah well, seven more days after all this time won't be so bad.

From today (1/18), that's just 94 days away.

Harry
My DVD Collection

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users