• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 of 32 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted March 23 2013 - 02:42 PM

What specifically do you not know about in regards to how HTF is going to work?  I played around a bit this morning and successfully found how to change all my personal information, follow (and get notification e-mails), reply, quote and navigate the forum.  Believe me, I'm not a computer genius so if I can figure this all out without a manual, anyone can.

That was my first post on my first visit to the forum since the change. I hadn't had time to play around with anything. All I said was I like the way it looks.

When HTF changed to Huddler it took a while to get all the bugs worked out. Maybe there aren't any bugs this time. I hope not.

#22 of 32 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,252 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 23 2013 - 04:54 PM

So far it feels like a very clean update to the conventional forum. It's working well, with a few missing details, and a few nice updates. On the desktop, I like the ability to save mid-edit. 

I haven't really looked at it on the iPad yet. For all the problems with Huddler, they eventually released an excellent mobile version. Hopefully this new system works as well or better.

I think this is an improvement on the iPad over huddler. Links are taking me to the first new post, huddler did not.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#23 of 32 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,097 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:39 PM

From all the forum iterations I like this layout the best. Really clean and easy to navigate. I am sure that all will be well with 

the world and the forum in no time. 

Packy

• TonyD likes this

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#24 of 32 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,143 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think Parker should have something other then simply member next to his name.
facebook.com/whotony

#25 of 32 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,901 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 02:13 AM

I think Parker should have something other then simply member next to his name.

Tony,

Much agreed.  

Parker has indeed a founders label that was attached to his name on Huddler.  It's just one of those items we still have not implemented post migration.

• TonyD likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#26 of 32 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,252 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 24 2013 - 05:25 AM

I was in my profile and noticed a Member Title field which apparently I can update. Are we allowed to choose are own member titles now?

Hmmmm....Grand HTF Poobah has a nice ring to it. :)
  • TonyD likes this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#27 of 32 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,816 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 24 2013 - 03:29 PM

Tony,

Much agreed.  

Parker has indeed a founders label that was attached to his name on Huddler.  It's just one of those items we still have not implemented post migration.

It wasn't forgotten, and its not that Parker isn't a high priority, but it just took to today to get to.

#28 of 32 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,097 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted March 25 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's about time I got recognition about this place. :)

Seriously liking the look and feel of the place. Something I haven't felt for a long time. (Suddenly I feel like Darth Vader)

Good move for all.

Now onward and upward.

And yes Ron. HTF does Rule.

• RickER likes this

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#29 of 32 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,901 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 03:02 PM

Seriously liking the look and feel of the place. Something I haven't felt for a long time

I haven't felt it for a long time either, brother.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#30 of 32 ONLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 13,853 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 26 2013 - 05:44 PM

I think this is an improvement on the iPad over huddler. Links are taking me to the first new post, huddler did not.

Thread titles don't take to me to first new post here. But here, as on previous system, the icon to the left of the link take me to first new post. I don't see any difference in behavior. Do you (or did you) have a different experience?

(edited: I'm having the opposite. in a read thread, there's no link here to take me to last post.)

Now there's both Dots and Stars for icons. I think they indicate new content in threads am not / am commenting in. That's a nice distinction, clear but somewhat subtle, graphic design.

I'm ambivalent towards "Answered" icon. I like the idea. But it mis-aligns thread titles which makes it harder for me to scan a forum listing. I'm also not sure if I agree with the "answered" designation being set by an admin, rather than the first poster. But this needs a few weeks usage to see how it really works :)

Edited by DaveF, March 26 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#31 of 32 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,816 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 26 2013 - 10:05 PM

Thread titles don't take to me to first new post here. But here, as on previous system, the icon to the left of the link take me to first new post. I don't see any difference in behavior. Do you (or did you) have a different experience?

(edited: I'm having the opposite. in a read thread, there's no link here to take me to last post.)

Now there's both Dots and Stars for icons. I think they indicate new content in threads am not / am commenting in. That's a nice distinction, clear but somewhat subtle, graphic design.

I'm ambivalent towards "Answered" icon. I like the idea. But it mis-aligns thread titles which makes it harder for me to scan a forum listing. I'm also not sure if I agree with the "answered" designation being set by an admin, rather than the first poster. But this needs a few weeks usage to see how it really works :)

The answered icon is something we are playing with.  In forums were we have it the original poster, or an admin can toggle it.  I started using it here for my sanity.  Despite having an issue tracker, most people are putting things here, and it lets me and other users know that an issue has been solved.  I think it will be a good fit for the HW areas, especially the basics area where I can see some users are already using it.

#32 of 32 ONLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 13,853 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 27 2013 - 04:30 PM

The answered icon is something we are playing with.  In forums were we have it the original poster, or an admin can toggle it.  I started using it here for my sanity.  Despite having an issue tracker, most people are putting things here, and it lets me and other users know that an issue has been solved.  I think it will be a good fit for the HW areas, especially the basics area where I can see some users are already using it.

That's what that is. 

I saw the "Tracker" link at the top of the page, thought it might be "Track my Subscriptions" :), clicked it, didn't see what i was looking for, and forgot about it.

• Adam Gregorich likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users