Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: The Emperor's New Groove and Kronk's New Groove (Blu-ray)

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,096 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:04 AM

EmperorNewGrooveKronkNewGrove2MovieCollectionBilingual.jpg_cmyk.jpg

Two Hilarious Disney Animated Comedies Together!

First Time on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack – June 11

This summer, Walt Disney Studios invites audiences to get into the groove with two outrageously funny animated comedies, “The Emperor’s New Groove” and “Kronk’s New Groove” available June 11, 2013 for the first time ever on Blu-ray hi-definition, in a 2 movie collection. The 3-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack includes both feature films on a single Blu-ray disc plus each film on individual DVDs.

The fun begins with “The Emperor’s New Groove,” featuring an all-star cast and Academy Award®-nominated music by Sting (Best Music, Original Song, Sting, 2000). When the young and spoiled Emperor Kuzco (voice of David Spade) is transformed into a llama by his sinister advisor Yzma (voice of Eartha Kitt) and her henchman Kronk (voice of Patrick Warburton), it takes a thoughtful peasant named Pasha (voice of John Goodman) to restore the kingdom and show Kuzco just how much fun it is to be true to yourself.

Then audiences can continue the fun with “Kronk’s New Groove.” The outrageous sequel stars Yzma’s hilarious henchman Kronk in a riotous adventure that’s filled with hysterical mayhem and mishaps. Kronk cooks up a get-rich quick scheme to impress his Dad. But when things go wrong, Kronk kicks into comical high gear and discovers that the true riches in life are his friends and being “true to your groove.”

These two comedy classics are king-size fun for the entire family and better than ever on Disney Blu-ray!

Cast:     David Spade as the voice of Emperor Kuzco (both films)
    John Goodman as the voice of Pasha (both films)
    Eartha Kitt as the voice of Yzma (both films)
    Patrick Warburton as the voice of Kronk (both films)
    Wendie Malick as the voice of Chicha (“The Emperor’s New Groove”)
    John Mahoney as the voice of Papi (“Kronk’s New Groove”)
    Tracey Ullman as the voice of Miss Birdwell (“Kronk’s New Groove”)

Writers: Roger Allers, Mark Dindal, Matthew Jacobs, David Reynolds
  and Chris Williams (“The Emperor’s New Groove”)

Tom Rogers (“Kronk’s New Groove”)

Directors:     Mark Dindal (“The Emperor’s New Groove”)
    Elliot M. Bour and Saul Blinkoff (“Kronk’s New Groove”)

Producers:     Don Hahn, Randy Fullmer and Patricia Hicks
  (“The Emperor’s New Groove”)

Peter Denomme and John A. Smith (“Kronk’s New Groove”)

Street Date:   June 11, 2013
    Direct Prebook: 4/16/13
    Distributor Prebook: 4/30/13

Rating:     G in U.S. (both films)
    G in Canada (both films)

Feature Run     Approximately 78 minutes (“The Emperor’s New Groove”)
Times:      Approximately 70 minutes (“Kronk’s New Groove”)

Suggested Retail   3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + 2 DVDs) =
Prices:   $29.99 U.S. and $35.99 Canada

Both films include audio tracks and subtitles in English, French   and Spanish.

© 2013 Disney

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:09 AM

No doubt I'm grabbing this, too, in June.  My only conundrum is whether or not I'm getting rid of the 2 disc collector's edition DVD.  It was such a problem to find it (along with Atlantis, Tarzan and Dinosaur) I think I may just keep it on the shelf for posterity.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,096 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:09 AM

Sorry for the bilingual cover art.  That is what was up on the press site.  We will update when we can.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,911 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:34 AM

Is there any word on extra features? Might have to keep the old SE anyway if they aren't included.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,327 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:23 PM

Very happy to see this is coming. The Emperor's New Groove and Hercules were the two Disney animation titles that I felt were unfairly treated during their theatrical runs.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 239 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Time and Space

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:31 AM

I wonder if Disney will quietly include The Sweatbox in this release...

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:51 AM

I wonder if Disney will quietly include The Sweatbox in this release...

I know I could do a Google search and figure it all out, but what is The Sweatbox?  The name isn't even ringing a bell.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 239 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 02:37 PM

I know I could do a Google search and figure it all out, but what is The Sweatbox?  The name isn't even ringing a bell.

It's a documentary by Sting's wife that tracked the making of the film, from its Kingdom of the Sun roots to the extreme retooling into The Emperor's New Groove, which resulted in director Roger Allers leaving, Mark Dindal coming in, and all but one of Sting's songs being deleted (and the one song got relegated to the end credits).  One of the more notable aspects of this documentary is the footage of Eartha Kitt singing "Snuff Out the Light," her deleted villain song:

A rough-cut version of the documentary has made its rounds on torrents.  With the benefit of hindsight between now and the film's release, the documentary plays much tamer than legend had it to be (at least when I viewed it), and remains a fascinating look into the making/unmaking/remaking of a movie.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 24 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thanks Albert!  I now remember hearing about the doc over the years very vaguely. 

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 03:34 PM

Don't mean to divert this thread.....but i certainly do hope that Disney does release HERCULES on blu.  The DVD isn't even anamorphic.  i think the movie is a great deal of fun.....the villain is real bad....and has a great time making life miserable for the other characters.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 24 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hercules has always gotten the shaft from Disney for some reason.  The original Collector's Edition was out and then the repack into the Gold Collection.  There was never a 2 disc or otherwise "souped up" version out there.  And it still hasn't made it to BD. 

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 239 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thanks Albert!  I now remember hearing about the doc over the years very vaguely. 

You're welcome. :)

And to continue the diversion, I too would like Hercules on Blu-Ray, preferably with more bonus features than the paltry amount on the DVD (short making-of and Ricky Martin music video).

#13 of 13 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,607 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:17 AM

And to continue the diversion, I too would like Hercules on Blu-Ray, preferably with more bonus features than the paltry amount on the DVD (short making-of and Ricky Martin music video).

Hey!  There was also artwork on the disc, ya know!  :biggrin:

As I recently enjoyed my new Blus of Mulan and Hunchback, Hercules was also very much on my mind...along with Tarzan. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users