Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Known Issues With The Migration

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#141 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 29 2013 - 01:12 AM

Views are not incrementing. There's a post that I viewed that is still showing 0 views.

I did some more digging and we have the post view counter set to update every three hours.

#142 of 263 OFFLINE   Dee Zee

Dee Zee

Stunt Coordinator

• 175 posts
  • LocationFalls Church VA, USA

Posted March 29 2013 - 05:16 AM

My first test post since the migration.

I only wish that everybody's join date was changed to October 30, 1938 if only for awhile...
  • Adam Gregorich likes this

#143 of 263 OFFLINE   HDvision

HDvision

Supporting Actor

• 981 posts
  • LocationPandora

Posted March 29 2013 - 10:11 AM

I can't seem to be able to upload any image, either from the web or my hard drive. Would there be other in the same situation?

#144 of 263 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,903 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 10:58 AM

I can't seem to be able to upload any image, either from the web or my hard drive. Would there be other in the same situation?

I am in exactly the same position. I have just cancelled a post in the International Blu-ray forum because I can't include a BRD cover and I can't print the name of the film in bold font. I'm not going to post any more until and unless these wrinkles are ironed out.

#145 of 263 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted March 29 2013 - 11:26 AM

really? regular text is not sufficient?
  • TonyD likes this
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#146 of 263 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,642 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 29 2013 - 11:29 AM

The formatting toolbar appears to be turned off / not loading at the moment. There appears to be some updates or testing going on as the main menu has some additions. Most or all of the Javascript-y behaviors (menu pop ups, etc.) are also not happening.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#147 of 263 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted March 29 2013 - 11:31 AM

Here's one. In the "My Notifications" page the top check box that used to check all now checks only itself, so to delete the read notices you need to check each one individually before hitting delete.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#148 of 263 OFFLINE   HDvision

HDvision

Supporting Actor

• 981 posts
  • LocationPandora

Posted March 29 2013 - 12:11 PM

Nope I have a new Fox press release that is text on jpg only. I can't post it until we we are able to put up images.

#149 of 263 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,642 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 29 2013 - 12:13 PM

The toolbar should be back now. 

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#150 of 263 OFFLINE   AnthonyP

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 05:27 PM

I haven't been able to figure out a way to subscribe to a forum and have the daily digest that is sent contain links to all threads updated that day. Is that still possible or does it just send out the digest that only includes links to newly created threads now (rather than all updated threads)? Thanks.

#151 of 263 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 29 2013 - 07:45 PM

Still can't skip to the last page in the mobile version and have to continually scroll a page up to the top to hit the button back for topics. At this point I've stopped using the mobile version and switched to full on my iPad and would on the phone too, but it formats too small for that. The last incarnation of the mobile service worked pretty well, so I'm not sure that was an area that needed too much changing. Oh well, I'll be patient and hope the fixes keep coming. :)

#152 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 10:14 PM

Still can't skip to the last page in the mobile version and have to continually scroll a page up to the top to hit the button back for topics. At this point I've stopped using the mobile version and switched to full on my iPad and would on the phone too, but it formats too small for that. The last incarnation of the mobile service worked pretty well, so I'm not sure that was an area that needed too much changing. Oh well, I'll be patient and hope the fixes keep coming. :)

We are logging what people want improved with the moble skin, but we have a lot of work to do here, before we revisit mobile, so its going to be a few weeks.

#153 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 10:20 PM

As Cameron mentioned earlier we had some issues that were resolved this afternoon.  Are you still having this problem?  If so what forum area are you trying to post to? 

I am in exactly the same position. I have just cancelled a post in the International Blu-ray forum because I can't include a BRD cover and I can't print the name of the film in bold font. I'm not going to post any more until and unless these wrinkles are ironed out.

Robin, same question.  Is it working now?

#154 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 10:22 PM

I haven't been able to figure out a way to subscribe to a forum and have the daily digest that is sent contain links to all threads updated that day. Is that still possible or does it just send out the digest that only includes links to newly created threads now (rather than all updated threads)? Thanks.

Not sure.  I will have to dig into this one

#155 of 263 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,903 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 01:05 AM

As Cameron mentioned earlier we had some issues that were resolved this afternoon.  Are you still having this problem?  If so what forum area are you trying to post to? 

Robin, same question.  Is it working now?

No. I can now choose which font I want but I can't upload images. The "attach file" and "image" icons begin to work, allow me to choose which image I want but then refuse to upload.

#156 of 263 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted March 30 2013 - 02:05 AM

I'm still not seeing images I uploaded to the forum just before the changeover. It was in the MANNIX thread, this post:

http://www.hometheat...ming/?p=3938592

Up until a couple of days ago, that post had blue, underlined links to the photos I uploaded. The links DID NOT work, but had Home Theater Forum in their URLs. At first I thought they would eventually appear, but now that they've disappeared entirely, I'm more concerned about lost photos.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#157 of 263 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 30 2013 - 06:17 AM

We are logging what people want improved with the moble skin, but we have a lot of work to do here, before we revisit mobile, so its going to be a few weeks.

I understand this, but you may have your priorities come back to haunt you. In years to come the mobile site will far outweigh the PC site.

Edited by Professor Echo, March 30 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#158 of 263 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 30 2013 - 06:19 AM

Duplicate post due to issues with the mobile version. LOL.

Edited by Professor Echo, March 30 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#159 of 263 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 30 2013 - 06:30 AM

I understand this, but you may have your priorities come back to haunt you. In years to come the mobile site will far outweigh the PC site.

Didn't he say a few weeks not a few years to fix?
facebook.com/whotony

#160 of 263 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 30 2013 - 09:07 AM

Didn't he say a few weeks not a few years to fix?

I was speaking in general about how the paradigm is changing and that perfecting a potentially outdated model before the next generation's preferred model may not be the right course for any site these days. I'm 54 years old and even I do most of my computer work on mobile devices these days, not a desk or laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users