Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Known Issues With The Migration

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#41 of 263 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,656 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 22 2013 - 06:57 PM

This is just a test post.

#42 of 263 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,350 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 22 2013 - 07:10 PM

Why did you change it?

Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#43 of 263 OFFLINE   Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 2,340 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 22 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm "pleasantly" surprised that you are appear to be happy with the new forum.  Given that we had no time to test this and we are still paying the price for that, it seems from you and the users that the stability, performance and ability to post seems to be as good or better than Huddler. 

Let us know in the tracker area if you feel differently.

Looking at the comments from members, it seems to be dramatically different response than sites that we see go to Huddler! 

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#44 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,929 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 08:18 PM

Kevin:

Despite the rush to the new platform, this move already seems to be going much more smoothly than the move to Huddler back in '09.

As soon as we get the images and subscriptions worked out, it seems to me--admittedly far removed from the bunker--that most all that will be left amount to stylistic tweaks.  (I'm sure there are still a ton of functionality issues left...but they just don't seem as difficult as the navigation snafus that Huddler's software handed us.)

Cheers!  :thumbs-up-smiley:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#45 of 263 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,312 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 08:30 PM

I think you guys are doing a great job.

In jobs I've had in the past, I did a lot of major software/system changes and it's not fun. Things never go as planned.

Thank you for your hard work and keeping this forum going.

Stan

#46 of 263 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,970 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:11 AM

Thanks to all of you for your patience as we get things back up.

We are in a happier place and confident that we can better meet user needs moving forward.

As Kevin mentioned, had we been allowed more time to properly test the migration in "sandbox" mode with a few members we would have launched practically problem-free.  

When not afforded the luxury of proper migration time, we essentially have to start bare and slowly implement the features many of you miss.  I think we are in a far better position than we were when we migrated to Huddler in 2009.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#47 of 263 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:22 AM

We are in a happier place and confident that we can better meet user needs moving forward.

As Kevin mentioned, had we been allowed more time to properly test the migration in "sandbox" mode with a few members we would have launched practically problem-free.  

When not afforded the luxury of proper migration time, we essentially have to start bare and slowly implement the features many of you miss.  I think we are in a far better position than we were when we migrated to Huddler in 2009.  

It was worth the wait.  Easy call.

So long Huddler.  Hello happy members Posted Image

Posted Image note from your fellow HTF'ers.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#48 of 263 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 8,219 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:09 AM

Talk about your West Coast bias! :D

Hooray for HOLLYWOOD!  :popcorn:

Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#49 of 263 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 8,219 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:11 AM

we essentially have to start bare

No wonder the images aren't working. 

Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#50 of 263 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,961 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:21 AM

THe Join Dates are all wonky...Everyone is showing for me as Joined July 6, 1997, 6:00pm...I think that is *my* join date, why everyone would inherit it is beyond me.

Ditto.  I see everyone's "Join Date" as October 9, 2001.  And I know that's my "Join Date."

It's the same with me with everyone seemingly showing my "Join Date."  But if you look at the Members list the Join Dates look correct (at least they are all different).  What we're seeing looks like a display data pull issue.

#51 of 263 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,656 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:22 AM

I guess that explains why I see everyone's join date as June 27, 2007.  I knew I'd joined sometime that year....

#52 of 263 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted March 23 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for all the hard work guys. The only issue i see is my Avatar looks a bit tall. Looks like a widescreen image (and its not) on a 4x3 TV.

This is 100 times better than Huddler. Whatever you guys paid them, you got hosed! If they paid you, you still got hosed! Live and learn, i guess.

#53 of 263 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted March 23 2013 - 12:11 PM

I can't edit my post.

#54 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,135 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 23 2013 - 01:18 PM

I can't edit my post.

This has nothing to do with the platform.  Approx 2 months ago post edit times were changed to 24 hours because of problems we were having.  That carried forward to this site.

#55 of 263 OFFLINE   rsmithjr

rsmithjr

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto, CA

Posted March 23 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi Adam,

I just created a new post (in the Sorcerer thread) and did not find an edit tool for the post.  This is NOT an old post that would have been subject to the 24 hour rule.

The edit tool would be useful to me because I often find that I can improve the post once I have seen it live.  Of course, editing something old is not a reasonable thing to do.

Thanks for all of the good work.

Bob

Update:  After an hour, the edit button appeared, and I am editing this.  Is this the way it is supposed to work? 

#56 of 263 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,668 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 01:40 PM

Upgrades are always such fun!   ;)   Congrats on the new look and great to have you back.

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#57 of 263 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,399 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted March 23 2013 - 03:03 PM

As I mentioned in another thread, this is the equivalent of a shakedown cruise for a ship. You go out to sea, find out what needs fixing, and then apply the fixes. It takes a little time to fix everything.

Rich Gallagher

#58 of 263 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted March 23 2013 - 03:07 PM

There was/is a member with the name "tony  bensley" which is missing

In the entries starting at:

http://www.hometheat...ion/?hl=vivendi

The name used is  "Guest__*"  belong to the member tony  bensley  who is from Canada

#59 of 263 Guest_IPS_*

Guest_IPS_*

Posted March 23 2013 - 11:33 PM

It's the same with me with everyone seemingly showing my "Join Date."  But if you look at the Members list the Join Dates look correct (at least they are all different).  What we're seeing looks like a display data pull issue.

The join date should be resolved now. :)

#60 of 263 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,269 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 03:00 AM

The edit tool would be useful to me because I often find that I can improve the post once I have seen it live.  Of course, editing something old is not a reasonable thing to do.

It is reasonable if you notice something wrong with an old post; for example a typo. I regret this new system depriving us of a chance to improve old posts, particularly as the current migration has ruined the layout of many posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users