Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Known Issues With The Migration

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#21 of 263 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,174 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 08:54 AM

I had a problem with my password, but Dave got me in and now it is all squared away. My old avatar didn't make it, but I was going to change it anyway.

Rich Gallagher

#22 of 263 OFFLINE   Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:10 AM

...After images subscriptions are our hightest priority.  Depending on how that works PMs may or may not happen.  Its too early to tell.  I wish I could give you a firm yes or no, but I can't yet.

Good. The subscriptions page was my bookmark for HTF and I miss it. LOL! Otherwise it looks very good.  :)

#23 of 263 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,547 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:28 AM

THe Join Dates are all wonky...Everyone is showing for me as Joined July 6, 1997, 6:00pm...I think that is *my* join date, why everyone would inherit it is beyond me.

#24 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,508 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 10:12 AM

Currently I'm suspecting the Join Date you see under everybody's name is really your own Join Date.

Cees

Ditto.  I see everyone's "Join Date" as October 9, 2001.  And I know that's my "Join Date."

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#25 of 263 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted March 22 2013 - 10:43 AM

It has felt like a long week as this is the only film/tv/home media forum I participate in. So welcome back everyone.

I have a question - will the Preview button be positioned next to the Post button as before?

#26 of 263 OFFLINE   Pete York

Pete York

Supporting Actor

• 560 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 10:48 AM

"Over Capacity"? What causes that?

Attached Thumbnails

• htf capacity.jpg

#27 of 263 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,463 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:13 AM

These may not be issues, but I'm not sure.  In the past, posts of sub forums (say blu-ray reviews) were also contained in the parent (blu-ray) forum.  That doesn't seem to be the case now.  Reviews are only in the Review sub forum.  Is that the expected behavior?

I don't see a button or link to open a thread at the first new post.  There is a link at the top of an opened thread to go to the first new post.  Is this the new way to do it?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#28 of 263 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,705 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:17 AM

These may not be issues, but I'm not sure.  In the past, posts of sub forums (say blu-ray reviews) were also contained in the parent (blu-ray) forum.  That doesn't seem to be the case now.  Reviews are only in the Review sub forum.  Is that the expected behavior?

I don't see a button or link to open a thread at the first new post.  There is a link at the top of an opened thread to go to the first new post.  Is this the new way to do it?

Click on the star or the circle to the left of the thread title (a star means you've posted in that thread).

#29 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,946 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:39 AM

Johnny-

The posts in the sub forums showing in the forums is something that is on the roadmap and shoud be done sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.  Having said that we will be changing the way reviews are listed on the site sometime in the next 72 hours.  Currently they are located in three places and we have received a log of feedback around that, so we will be putting all reviews in one place: 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and TV (DVD & Blu-ray) and you will be able to sort, so if you want to see all the 3D, TV, etc it will be easy for you to do.

#30 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,508 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:44 AM

FWIW, I've had to change my local clock in My Profile twice already today. I'm sure it has been tied to re-sets after you fellas have implemented some fixes during the day. But I keep defaulting to the Pacific time zone (sted Eastern).Talk about your West Coast bias! :D

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#31 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,946 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:45 AM

This might help:

The grey star on the top two posts shows that I have posted there, but there is no new content. 

The blue circle on the third post means that I have read that thread previously, but not posted and there is new content since I have been there.  If the circle was grey it would mean there was no new content.

The blue star on the 4th post means I have posted there and there is new content. 

Clicking on a blue star or circle will take you to the first unread post.

#32 of 263 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:48 AM

Aaah... Glad to hear Subscriptions are being worked on, but will it work basically the same way as before on Huddler (ie. My Subscriptions feed)? That's the one feature I did grow to like about the old Huddler site (though the mobile version was a bit of a downgrade). Thanks. _Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#33 of 263 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,257 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:56 AM

"Over Capacity"? What causes that?Posted Image

Not to cause you guys more stress, but I've been getting the same message as Pete York. Got mine about 12:30 PST.

Nothing major, I just try again a few minutes later and it's fine, but maybe something low priority to add to the list of minor glitches.

Thanks

Stan

#34 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,946 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:29 PM

Its a license issue and we are working on increasing it now.

#35 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,946 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:32 PM

Another way to look at new posts is to hover over the center left of a thread listing and click the arrow:

another way.PNG

You get a thread preview and there are links to the first, last and first unread post.

#36 of 263 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,277 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:36 PM

Fritz-

A few months ago we changed the post editing to 24 hours as we had a problem with some members who frankly ruined it for everyone.  We made some exceptions for the the people who are participating in the monthly and yearly track your films threads.  PM me with what you want to edit and why and I will take a look.  Fair warning it may take me 48 hours to get back to you...

Hmm we all know what happened last time someone said about 48 hours. :P

Uh oh, will I be getting warning points for that?

facebook.com/whotony

#37 of 263 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,277 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not sure if this is an issue or feature.....

hitting "quote" usually pops one down to the reply window, it doesn't currently do that.

facebook.com/whotony

#38 of 263 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted March 22 2013 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Tony -

I see what you mean. I'll see if we can request that one to be fixed. 

#39 of 263 OFFLINE   bigshot

bigshot

Screenwriter

• 1,279 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 04:06 PM

All my messages and user settings are gone.

#40 of 263 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted March 22 2013 - 06:25 PM

PM's are currently gone. User settings for the most part weren't compatible between the two platforms. Expect to get Subcriptions (Content I follow) back soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users