What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
As you have probably noticed, there are several issues we're still working to fix. Here is the short list:

[*]Images from prior to conversion do not work and show as URL's.
[*]Some Avatars are missing
[*]Login issues/password resets not working
[*]Subscriptions are missing
[/list]
We are working to fix each of these as fast as we can. Thanks for being patient as we try to restore everything and get the forum functioning smoothly once again.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Absolutely - I hope that you guys are finding at least some free time to sleep!

I am assuming the timestamp is on GMT at the moment - Makes me miss my homeland just a little!

Whatever you need of us, just let us know...Like Matt said, it's just so good to be here again, it's amazing how much a part of my life and everyday HTF is...

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'd like to echo Matt's sentiments. Moving a forum this size to new software is a monumental task. Thousands upon thousands of posts, pictures, settings, avatars, conversations, links, etc., all have to be converted - and you all know how long a simple backup takes on your own computers.

I thought the estimate of a "couple of days" was optimistic, and fully expected it to take as long as it did.

Right now, the behind-the-scenes guys are working frantically with IPB to work out the remaining issues. Meanwhile, be patient - it'll all get worked out in one way or another.

Harry

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Neil Middlemiss said:
I am assuming the timestamp is on GMT at the moment - Makes me miss my homeland just a little!
You can change the timezone under your name (upper right corner) My Settings.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'm pretty sure Adam and i will need a week to catch up on sleep after the conversion, but we aren't going to rest easy until this list is gone. Thank you all for your amazing support and understanding - it's the members that make HTF such an amazing place, we're just facilitators.

tCOjuOI.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
I'll post it here as well:
I can't edit any of my old posts (edit button not showing). New posts after the move can be edited. This will also be fixed, I presume?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Fritz,
That is one of our items to investigate. Not all old topics (threads) are meant to be edited - but we will ensure it works the way it's intended to.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Neil Middlemiss said:
Whatever you need of us, just let us know...Like Matt said, it's just so good to be here again, it's amazing how much a part of my life and everyday HTF is...
Amen. My e-mail was empty all week of HTF notifications and I missed clicking over 18,000 times a day to see if there was anything I was missing. It's good to be back. All the little issues will get taken care of. The most important things already have been.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Noach Kowalski said:
What about blurry looking letters? My eyes are hurting.
If you're a Windows user, check your Clear-Type settings in both Windows and your browser.

Personally, I think the font choice and size is outstanding. Looks great here.

Harry

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Feel free to use the Tracker link up top to report these things folks. We will be passing them on!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, nice to see the HTF back. I can imagine the task of transferring the forum to be quite an effort. Thanks for the continuing hardwork.Quick question, I didn't see my Avatar show, so I figured it was gone from the transfer and was going to replace it. But the first post said you guys are going to restore those? Should I wait then?I'm still getting to know the new forum having only been on it a few minutes. I was going to also look for the button to applying for subscriptions on the threads that I had subscriptions to. But those may come back too? I can wait if you guys think those are going to be restored too.Thanks for the hard work!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Harry-N said:
Nope. For me, everyone is showing as having joined August 09, 2003 - 3:39 PM.

Harry

Currently I'm suspecting the Join Date you see under everybody's name is really your own Join Date.

Cees

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Thanks for working on all this--but most of all thanks for this tremendous effort. Onwards and upwards with HTF!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sumnernor said:
What about "my message list"?
Do you mean PMs? Assuming you do, Those are on the list of things that didn't make the import and might not. We are looking at everything that didn't and evaluating our options. After images subscriptions are our hightest priority. Depending on how that works PMs may or may not happen. Its too early to tell. I wish I could give you a firm yes or no, but I can't yet.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Fritz Nilsen said:
I'll post it here as well:
I can't edit any of my old posts (edit button not showing). New posts after the move can be edited. This will also be fixed, I presume?
Fritz-
A few months ago we changed the post editing to 24 hours as we had a problem with some members who frankly ruined it for everyone. We made some exceptions for the the people who are participating in the monthly and yearly track your films threads. PM me with what you want to edit and why and I will take a look. Fair warning it may take me 48 hours to get back to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks