Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Known Issues With The Migration

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#241 of 263 OFFLINE   adamG3

adamG3

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 11:45 AM

Are you looking for a review or any discussion about it?

#242 of 263 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted May 11 2013 - 01:21 PM

Are you looking for a review or any discussion about it?

discussion. There was mention about cutting out animals being hurt and I want to comment about the BR from England,

#243 of 263 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted May 12 2013 - 05:04 AM

I was able to find the post - see

http://www.hometheat...blu-ray/page-76

BUT I) did a search for Never Say Never in blue ray forum and it did not find it!!!?

With the search is not without Capitals option? or perhaps leading spaces? I suspect the problem is the bold Never Say Never causes the mismatch

In regards to the region free BR that I got from Amazon-UK, The BR was not cut when the horse with Bond on its back jumped off the building.. Perhaps the actual fall was phoney but one did see the horse hitting the water. I compared that with a DVD bought in Germany and saw no difference.

Edited by Sumnernor, May 12 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#244 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 14 2013 - 05:39 AM

There appears to be a problem with posting images in PMs. 

While posting images off HDDs in the forum (like I'm about to do below) works fine...when you try to post such an image in a PM, I'm seeing the following:

HTF Image Issue.jpg

But the editor/image posting dialog worked fine in this post.

I was alerted to this by member gene c. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#245 of 263 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,153 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted May 14 2013 - 08:34 AM

I note some people can switch off the "edit" part in their control panel, i do not have this option, i also do not have an option to list my 5 favourite movie discs, its there but it cannot be used, the edit part isn't there at all so everytime i edit a post it shows as being edited, i want to switch that off.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#246 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,171 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted May 14 2013 - 11:21 AM

I note some people can switch off the "edit" part in their control panel, i do not have this option, i also do not have an option to list my 5 favourite movie discs, its there but it cannot be used, the edit part isn't there at all so everytime i edit a post it shows as being edited, i want to switch that off.

The edit check might be an oversite on my part in getting usergroups set up It should be the same for all member classes. Let me run it by Ron, Kevin and Dave to see how they want it. 

What happens when you try to edit the 5 favorite discs?  Can you edit any of the other fields in your profile?

#247 of 263 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,153 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted May 14 2013 - 02:48 PM

The edit check might be an oversite on my part in getting usergroups set up It should be the same for all member classes. Let me run it by Ron, Kevin and Dave to see how they want it. 

What happens when you try to edit the 5 favorite discs?  Can you edit any of the other fields in your profile?

I was able to add my 5 favourite movies but there is just a small square box rather than the usual rectangular one and i cannot add anything to it, everything else seems there, except the option to switch off the part which shows a post has been edited, some other people can do that and have shown me it exists in their control panel, screenshot below.

Posted Image

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#248 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,171 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 03:45 PM

The favorite discs should be fixed.  I need a few days on the edit.  It will be the same for everyone, just not sure yet which way it will be.

#249 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,171 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 03:46 PM

There appears to be a problem with posting images in PMs. 

While posting images off HDDs in the forum (like I'm about to do below) works fine...when you try to post such an image in a PM, I'm seeing the following:

Posted ImageHTF Image Issue.jpg

But the editor/image posting dialog worked fine in this post.

I was alerted to this by member gene c. 

PM and sigs don't support the new image uploader.  In the meantime I enabled attachments for PMs so Gene should be able to use that

#250 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 14 2013 - 07:58 PM

PM and sigs don't support the new image uploader.  In the meantime I enabled attachments for PMs so Gene should be able to use that

I just added an image to a PM by using the "Attach File" sequence which appears underneath the "Full Editor" when you call that up. 

However, I then tried to add an image to a PM in the same PM thread by using the Image button at the top of the editor and got the same result as in the image posted above. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#251 of 263 OFFLINE   adamG3

adamG3

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 08:08 PM

PM and sigs don't support the new image uploader. In the meantime I enabled attachments for PMs so Gene should be able to use that

I just added an image to a PM by using the "Attach File" sequence which appears underneath the "Full Editor" when you call that up. However, I then tried to add an image to a PM in the same PM thread by using the Image button at the top of the editor and got the same result as in the image posted above.

With what I did you can use the attach file under the editor, the attach file from the picture button doesn't work for PMs and signatures. It does work for linking to a picture however.

#252 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 14 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thanks, AdamG3...  ;)

I'll see if it works for Gene and let you know.

#253 of 263 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,654 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 14 2013 - 09:44 PM

Admin alert: seems as though a member is using multiple id's.
facebook.com/whotony

#254 of 263 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 06:16 AM

Yesterday I tried without success to find a review (BR or DVD) of "Close Encounters". I did not find it. Either is does not exist or I am using the search wrong. In my post above, I found that in the search, the search does not match if the item in bold IF Close Encounters does exist, perhaps there is another error with the search.

#255 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 30 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yesterday I tried without success to find a review (BR or DVD) of "Close Encounters". I did not find it. Either is does not exist or I am using the search wrong. In my post above, I found that in the search, the search does not match if the item in bold IF Close Encounters does exist, perhaps there is another error with the search.

Blu-ray review of Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I had trouble, too.  I used the Advanced Search function and searched only the word Encounters in titles within the review sections and got nothing.  I then did the same search in the Blu-ray section and found the above thread.  It looks like it has not been properly tagged as a Review.

#256 of 263 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,963 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 30 2013 - 07:16 AM

It could be just the way that I search, but 99% of the time I'm looking to search within thread titles only, but the default search parameters seem to be much broader than that and don't provide what I'm looking for. So I don't bother with the simple search box but just go to Advanced Search right off.

That said, the Close Encounters review is indeed in the wrong forum and needs to be tagged once it's moved into DVD and Blu-ray Reviews.

#257 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,171 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 07:44 AM

I moved it, fixed the cover art and will be tagging it.  I guess I missed that one.....

#258 of 263 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,171 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 07:44 AM

Admin alert: seems as though a member is using multiple id's.

BUSTED!  I was testing some new user permissions

#259 of 263 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,466 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 25 2014 - 07:07 PM

I noticed a couple of days ago that we now have our own HTF icon that appears within the top of each of my Firefox tabs. 

Up until then, we had been seeing the logo of Invision Power Board (IPB)--our new platform host.

:thumbsup:

#260 of 263 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,153 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 25 2014 - 10:01 PM

I noticed a couple of days ago that we now have our own HTF icon that appears within the top of each of my Firefox tabs. 

Up until then, we had been seeing the logo of Invision Power Board (IPB)--our new platform host.

:thumbsup:

Yeah i noticed it too, in internet speak they call it a Favicon, i use my cat for my own site.  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users