Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Chuck" to follow "Veronica Mars" to the big screen?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 21 2013 - 11:22 PM

Zachary Levi         @ZacharyLevi

1st, congrats to @IMKristenBell & @RobThomas for helping move entertainment a little closer in the direction I’ve always hoped it would go…

Zachary Levi         @ZacharyLevi

2nd, to you Chucksters, believe that this news only bolsters my faith that I can help bring you a #ChuckMovie. Be patient. Stay tuned.

While there are no firm plans for a Chuck film right now, Levi feels hopeful. “All I can say at this point is that because Veronica Mars, like Chuck, is a Warner Bros. [production], and because Warner Bros. has now opened that gate, I feel confident in being able to get the same results for a Chuck movie,” he says, adding that he could imagine them using avenues other than Kickstarterfor fund-raising. “If Warner Bros. is game, I’ve got great ideas for what the movie would be that I’m very excited about.”

http://insidetv.ew.c...vi-chuck-movie/

If a Kickstarter campaign is launched, I'll pledge as much as I can.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 637 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 01:13 AM

I've been wishing for this since the show ended! Hope it comes true.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,626 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 22 2013 - 04:42 AM

With all of the different series being bandied about after the success of the Veronica Mars campaign, one show I'm sad hasn't been mentioned was Eli Stone which left us far too soon.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,657 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 22 2013 - 06:29 AM

I would feel less enthused about Chuck, but would consider supporting. Veronica Mars ended badly, which led to a lot of viewer angst.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,401 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 22 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm kind of mixed on this one. On one hand, I loved "Chuck" and would love to see more "Chuck." On the other hand, "Chuck" had perhaps my favorite final scene of any series finale. I felt like the show ended where it wanted to, and the ambiguity was a big part of that. Any concrete resolutions we'd get in the movie would feel less satisfying than the ideas in my head.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 12:19 PM

Bryan Fuller has now expressed interest in a Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls Kickstarter campaigns.

all-banner.jpg

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,896 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted March 27 2013 - 01:21 PM

All of those Fathermuckers who don't support a "Deadwood" Kickstarter, sock cuck by choice!

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,401 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 27 2013 - 02:19 PM

I think a "Wonderfalls" movie would be a lot more do-able because it basically took place in our world, even though some pretty extraordinary things happened in it.

I've always thought that any "Wonderfalls" follow-up would have to start with Jaye institutionalized.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 02:48 PM

Bryan Fuller has also said a Pushing Daisies movie would have to have a much larger budget than what Veronica Mars received.

I have yet to finish Wonderfalls, but I'd be curious about a Pushing Daisies movie.

Chuck would have to be a really good idea for me to be on board.
I wasn't thrilled about how Chuck ended.

all-banner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users