Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

weird late night musings...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,856 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 13 2013 - 05:10 PM

In my latest haul of "distressed stuff" I have 3 pairs of speakers that needed work. Two RCA/Optimus pairs that needed re-foaming. No big deal. The good ones are Linaeum with the yellow kevlar. The other is a pair of garden variety 55AV. Third pair is Polk S8. Jusy like a pair I already have...but the grill is falling off and the plastic/rubber surround is coming up on the woofer and radiator...on one, not both. Anyway, get done fixing all 5 speakers. RCA/Opt are fine. Little buggers kick decently. The Polk. Get done and the cabinet joiners are fubar. The surrounds leaked...which sounded like farting. Now there is a buzz in the cabinet. Take the radiator back out and shine a flashlight from inside the box. 40% of the box you can see light coming out...joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users