Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help choosing a DVR / Streaming box/converter

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   sethM

sethM

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 02:04 PM

Not sure what category this would be, so apologies if in wrong forum. I am looking for a box that will transfer my recordings to my PC and my iTunes account. I am a Windows user with a Cox cable/DVR box (a Motorolla DXC3400-M) - with an ethernet port; LG 32"LED with an ethernet port; And I can connect either one to my wireless router via a wired ethernet cable - or thinking about the Netgear Universal Dual Band Wireless Internet Adapter (WNCE3001). I have looked at the various Slimboxes; Belkin @TV Plus, Roku's; & Sungale Cloud TV Box (#STB266). Slimbox seems more for watching live TV and requires internet access if not at home. The Belkin seems to be my top choice. I would prefer a device or box that will record my shows so that I can watch them later on my iPad 3 while on vacation - thereby bypassing the need for a network connection (which is why the Sling Box not what what I need - well at least the new 300 & 500 series- the older Sling Boxes might work, but not clear that they will). Thanks for any input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users