Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Lone Ranger - Collector's Edition Set

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 of 89 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 17 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's probably a result of the non-existent sales of this set to consumers that expected better, but Costco has reduced the price to $79.99 through 7/28.   That's actually not a bad price, but you still get the edited episodes and the other issues that Jeff noted above.

My local store has sold exactly 1 copy since release date.

• Gary OS likes this
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#82 of 89 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,680 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted July 18 2013 - 07:39 AM

It's also currently on sale at Best Buy for $74.99.

I expect a Amazon PM at some point today.

#83 of 89 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 25 2013 - 03:11 PM

sv6t0j.jpg

For the Lone Ranger collectors out there, this set's a gem.  It's a large box so it may require some creative storage plans.

14 1/4" H

11 1/8" D

1   5/8" W

The discs are stored in cardboard folders.  There are 15 total folders.  The sleeves are similar to the Lone Ranger 75th Anniversary set and Wagon Train sets.

Removing the discs from the sleeves requires care.  That's my only "minus" about the packaging in the box set.

Folder 15 contains a bonus disc and the 2 Lone Ranger movies.

The insides of the front and back box covers contain misc L.R. comic page prints as well as various pictures related to the series.  Each disc folder has the similar photos and pictures.

The discs are color coded according to seasons.  I made an Excel file for my box and printed it out for a quick listing of discs and episode #'s for a substitute to frequently removing the episode guide that's included inside the box in the inner sleeve of the rear cover. I attached the Excel file in this post in case anyone's interested in looking.

Included in the rear cover inner sleeve is a packet containing souvenirs/collectibles:

- B/W reproduction signed L.R. picture with Clayton Moore and "Silver"

- Mini Comic Book titled "The Legend of the Lone Ranger"

- Reproductions of a post card.  It appears to me to be "Join the Lone Ranger Safety Club" application post card, with a 1¢ stamp.

- Reproduction of a "Lone Ranger Victory Corps" card

I've only plugged in a few discs in my PC to check video Q.  They look the same as the 75th Anniversary disc transfers.

This set is a good buy for Lone Ranger fans that want the complete series in a collectors nostalgia box.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#84 of 89 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,680 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted December 25 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm still waiting for a "completion set" that just has Seasons 3-5 for those of us who don't want to double-dip on Seasons 1 & 2.  I doubt it'll every happen as Classic Media is not the most consumer friendly company out there.  If they were the packaging on the new set would be better and the bonus material wouldn't have been all recycled from the 75th Anniversary release.  Of course if I wait long enough the price may drop to what I'm willing to pay considering all the duplicate material I'd be purchasing...  I'd *really* like to have the episodes but I just can't get past the negatives of the complete set (mostly the packaging, size of the box, and the price)...

• LouA likes this

#85 of 89 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 577 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted December 26 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm still waiting for a "completion set" that just has Seasons 3-5 for those of us who don't want to double-dip on Seasons 1 & 2.  I doubt it'll every happen as Classic Media is not the most consumer friendly company out there.  If they were the packaging on the new set would be better and the bonus material wouldn't have been all recycled from the 75th Anniversary release.  Of course if I wait long enough the price may drop to what I'm willing to pay considering all the duplicate material I'd be purchasing...  I'd *really* like to have the episodes but I just can't get past the negatives of the complete set (mostly the packaging, size of the box, and the price)...

I'm waiting for the "competion set" too, but with DVD cases!

• BobO'Link likes this

#86 of 89 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted December 26 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'm not jumping in either, especially since these are still the hacked up 22 minute jobs.

• Ron1973 likes this

#87 of 89 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,011 posts

Posted December 26 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'll jump when the price is right as it seems likely that this is the best quality we'll ever get.  I'm looking for $40 or below.  As an aside, this is yet another case where I would have been happier with cheaper and more practical packaging.

• BobO'Link likes this

#88 of 89 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 577 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted July 20 2014 - 02:35 PM

It appears that The Lone Ranger Collector's Edition Coffee Table Book With DVD's and Extras is now out of print, and selling for $250.00 from the Amazon marketplace. Does anyone know if there are any plans to re-release  this show -as season sets or in conventional DVD cases?

#89 of 89 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 09:49 PM

It appears that The Lone Ranger Collector's Edition Coffee Table Book With DVD's and Extras is now out of print, and selling for $250.00 from the Amazon marketplace. Does anyone know if there are any plans to re-release this show -as season sets or in conventional DVD cases?

Be nice if they did. Right now, only the first two seasons are available on DVD. What makes me nervous is the movie laid such a colossal egg, Classic Media may not view it as a good investment to release the other seasons. Buy them in a heartbeat if they do!
So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users