What's new

The Lone Ranger - Collector's Edition Set (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The Lone Ranger - A 'Collector's Edition' Set http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lone-Ranger-Collectors-Edition/18187#ixzz2NTAWcWot Consitering every release of THE LONE RANGER since the mid-1980's have used editied prints for Television (including non-commercial channela such as Encore Western),VHS,laserdisc and previous DVDs, I'm not holding out hope that the 5500 minutes is correct.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DeWilson said:
The Lone Ranger - A 'Collector's Edition' Set http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lone-Ranger-Collectors-Edition/18187#ixzz2NTAWcWot Consitering every release of THE LONE RANGER since the mid-1980's have used editied prints for Television (including non-commercial channela such as Encore Western),VHS,laserdisc and previous DVDs, I'm not holding out hope that the 5500 minutes is correct.
I have put off buying the 75th anniversary collection out of hope that they would release a complete series. This looks like it, perhaps with the two feature films added in. I hope the episodes are unedited, but regardless, this is likely the best we will ever see.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Do the complete episodes still exist in 35mm form where the rights holders still have access to them or is this a case where private collectors who own 16mm TV station copies from way back have the unedited versions? I suspect Joe D may be right about the 2 movies being tacked on. 221 episodes at 8 per disc = 28 discs leaving two for the two movies plus any other special features that may pop up.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
IIRC The Lone Ranger is the second largest TV series they own. I'd like to see them release the LARGEST TV Show. the one that had 591 Episodes over 19 years! That one with the dawg! :D

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
IIRC The Lone Ranger is the second largest TV series they own. I'd like to see them release the LARGEST TV Show. the one that had 591 Episodes over 19 years! That one with the dawg!

I'd like to see both released. Since it looks like the Ranger is a go for sure, maybe our favorite Collie isn't far behind.
Gary " " O.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Steve...O said:
Do the complete episodes still exist in 35mm form where the rights holders still have access to them or is this a case where private collectors who own 16mm TV station copies from way back have the unedited versions?
I find it unlikey even with the changing hands of the property over the last 30 years that the 35mm elements don't exist - it's more of a case of the various owners didn't want to spend the money to go back and strike/transfer unedited episodes for the various releases that should have been unedited.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Regulus said:
IIRC The Lone Ranger is the second largest TV series they own. I'd like to see them release the LARGEST TV Show. the one that had 591 Episodes over 19 years! That one with the dawg! :D
I wonder what the shape of the color episodes are.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DeWilson said:
I wonder what the shape of the color episodes are.
I think Rhino issued the color episodes on DVD. You could probably find some reviews.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
365c8d49_lone02.jpeg
8396e0b3_lone01.jpeg
To aptly quote someone: "The Masked Man has brought justice to our land again!" This is typical "wishful thinking" on my part but I hope that the two 1950s colour feature films releases THE LONE RANGER (1956) and THE LONE RANGER AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (1958) are issued (again) separately in vastly improved upon quality anamorphic widescreen (enhanced for 16x9 tv screens) editions. I tend to prefer the two movies over the tv series because dramatically-thematically they were both geared more for a contemplatively responsive adult audience addressing some (provacatively) thorny social issues involving the plight-mistreatment of the Native American. Bring on the legendary Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels! Jeff T. :D

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it would be great ro see them go back to the original elements and do some new, uncut transfers. This sounds like a wait and see buy if there ever was one. Let the reviews come in first.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
If this really does to turn out to be the complete series (all 5 seasons plus "The Lone Ranger Rides Again" color special) and the two movies ("The Lone Ranger" and "The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold"), I will buy it for sure!

Darby

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Even though I own the Season 1&2 set, and the Season 5 (half-season) set, I am definitely in for this if in fact it's a complete series set (and for that SRP, it most definitely should be one). One of my favorite childhood shows in reruns (back-to-back with Sergeant Preston on Sunday mornings for years in my viewing area), can't pass this up. However, the more I see of this Johnny Depp travesty in previews, the more I appreciate the original, and can only hope that a new generation of kids will seek this classic series out and forget about the new movie over time.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus

IIRC The Lone Ranger is the second largest TV series they own. I'd like to see them release the LARGEST TV Show. the one that had 591 Episodes over 19 years! That one with the dawg!
biggrin.gif

I'd like to see both released. Since it looks like the Ranger is a go for sure, maybe our favorite Collie isn't far behind.

Gary "
thumbsup.gif
" O.
One can only hope. I'm all for this Lone Ranger set(hope its good) but If I could have Lassie complete as well, my 2 classic tv dvd wishes will have come true.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I will be waiting for reviews on this upcoming set before making a purchase. I hope we will finally get a "complete" set for the Lone Ranger. If we do, I will be buying.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
The Amazon.com listing now includes the following information under the "editorial reviews" section:

"28 discs contain all 5 Seasons/221 episodes of the original Lone Ranger. Discs are housed in a Coffee Table Book V 2 discs per page.Two bonus discs with two feature films, Lassie episode featuring the Lone Ranger, 1960's cartoon and an Original Radio Broadcast.Slipcase around book contains inside graphics. Book contains episode guide with synopsis for all 221 episodes. Photo reprint for the Lone Ranger Rare Lone Ranger Comic Book.Four additional memorabilia items."

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Ranger-Collectors-Edition/dp/B00BSU0FPG

Darby

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Darby67 said:
The Amazon.com listing now includes the following information under the "editorial reviews" section:

"28 discs contain all 5 Seasons/221 episodes of the original Lone Ranger. Discs are housed in a Coffee Table Book V 2 discs per page.Two bonus discs with two feature films, Lassie episode featuring the Lone Ranger, 1960's cartoon and an Original Radio Broadcast.Slipcase around book contains inside graphics. Book contains episode guide with synopsis for all 221 episodes. Photo reprint for the Lone Ranger Rare Lone Ranger Comic Book.Four additional memorabilia items."

Darby
Dear Santa, I WANT THIS SET FOR XMAS! :biggrin: :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Darby67 said:

Darby
Well... I'll keep my pre-order open for a bit longer in case the description improves but that basically kills it for me unless the price drops to under $75. A "Coffee Table Book"? Are they serious? That means it's too large to fit in just about any "standard" cabinet/shelving unit designed for DVDs *or* books. Plus they put the disks in slots on the page. A move almost guaranteed to damage disks in many sets. I like the content but the package is most definately a buzz kill. :(

JeffT.

Deceased Member
The main problem here (among the usual potential ones) is that when a long-running television classic is released all-at-once in its entirety serious technical problems or production blunders (almost) invariably happen. Read the discussion threads on THE FUGITIVE 33-disc set and SEA HUNT the complete series.

Why not soberly one-at-time so that an individual has the opportunity to properly access any defects or mistakes?

I do like the idea of the two "original" 1950s feature films coming out again. Perhaps they will also be made available on their own apart from the main tv series.

Thank you everyone for keep us so well informed. Your conscientious efforts are sincerely appreciated!

Jeff T.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks