What's new

Pioneer SC65 (1 Viewer)

jeremy05

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy
Hey everyone, I could use some help. I just connected everything to the Pioneer SC65 and have a difficult time selecting sources. All that's connected is PS3 in HDMI 1 Cable Box HDMI 2 PS3 (2) HDMI 3 Wii in the component part Well when selecting on the remote, I cant just hit the TV button, it takes me to Who knows what input, but Ive tried all the HDMI slots and none display a picture. The Cable box is currently in a HDMI spot and is only selectable, by pushing the HDMI a few times till it gets around to it. Is there a way I can program the controller so that when I push the TV button it will select a certain HDMI that I have set? Also is there a way to name the Display so For example when I push The DVD on the remote it selects the PS3, well can the SC65 display the word PS3? Also when in the Pandora I can't use the remote to select the letters for input, I have to goto the Headunit to push the up down left right and enter. What gives! I'm kinda of all over with this post, sorry its a bit more confusing than the advertised "Installers Dream"

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by jeremy05
Is there a way I can program the controller so that when I push the TV button it will select a certain HDMI that I have set?
Manual p. 44
Also is there a way to name the Display so For example when I push The DVD on the remote it selects the PS3, well can the SC65 display the word PS3?
Manual p. 44 - You are limited to selecting from the list of predefined input names
Also when in the Pandora I can't use the remote to select the letters for input, I have to goto the Headunit to push the up down left right and enter.
If the answer isn't in the manual (too long for me to keep searching through), you may want to consider a decent universal remote...
What gives!
Read the manual - most answers can be found there.

jeremy05

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy
Yeah I looked in the manual it wasn't to much help. I figured out most the stuff, but now I'm stuck with this problem I have a optical cord for both my PS3's and the SC65 has 2 Optical Inputs and 1 Optical output. I ran both cords into the in and the out i have a cord going to my Headphones. I can't get the SC65 to use the optical audio signal, just the HDMI. Ive tried the Signal Select on the remote, but it only displays HDMI, and the Manual says each press will cycle though the AUTO, ANALOG, Digital, HDMI. Mine only says HDMI, and will not switch. Any Ideas?

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
jeremy05 said:
Yeah I looked in the manual it wasn't to much help. I figured out most the stuff, but now I'm stuck with this problem I have a optical cord for both my PS3's and the SC65 has 2 Optical Inputs and 1 Optical output. I ran both cords into the in and the out i have a cord going to my Headphones. I can't get the SC65 to use the optical audio signal, just the HDMI. Ive tried the Signal Select on the remote, but it only displays HDMI, and the Manual says each press will cycle though the AUTO, ANALOG, Digital, HDMI. Mine only says HDMI, and will not switch. Any Ideas?
I don't think you're reading the manual very well. In the setup for each input, you have to configure what inputs you're using. If you configure both the HDMI and the digital coax or optical, then the signal select on the remote will work. All digital inputs have to be configured. The analog inputs are automatic. The reason why they do this is so you don't have to cycle through inputs or selects that you're not actually using. (It should really do all that configuration automatically by polling the inputs, but it doesn't.) You can also relabel inputs in the configuration setup. What you relabel will appear in large font on the display and the original input name will appear in small font (so you know what's plugged into what).

The exception is the TV input. If you plug anything into that then you can't use it as an Audio Return Channel. The way I've setup my system is that I don't plug the cable box into the receiver - I plug it directly into the TV. The HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV will pick up the audio via the ARC and that shows up on the TV input. This way I can easily watch TV with or without the receiver. If your TV supports Control, it will automatically turn the receiver on and change the input to TV.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you should not be using the optical out. You should be going from the PS3s to each optical in. And your headphones should be plugged into the headphone jack in the front, not the optical out, if that's what you were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks