Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Network Nightmare, smart tv, av receiver, bluray etc

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   djpleasure

djpleasure

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi, hopefully someone may have the answer for this: I have the following: LG Smart TV Toshiba Bluray Pioneer AV Receiver Xbox 360 Western Digital Live Hub All of which have Ethernet for network. I do not want to run 5 separate cables from my router to the AV stand in which they are situated. I purchased multiple cat 6 cables as well as an 8 port gigabit switch, thinking this may help. Tested, all connected but only the TV and the av receiver on, connected to LG 3D demo, connection keeps dropping, connect direct and omit the switch, works fine, thinking that it is due to the av receiver being network enabled at the same time as the TV, even though the receiver should only require access if using internet radio. How do I get around this? to buy wireless dongles for each device is not economical, to run separate Ethernet cables is just cable overkill, any help appreciated

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hi, Nick, welcome to HTF! One Ethernet run to the switch, then runs to the devices from the switch should work.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   djpleasure

djpleasure

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:15 PM

hi, internet on tv keeps cutting out if i do that, like it is switching, no issues with my main internet connection or router, virgin 100mbit superhub

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   liaisonleigh

liaisonleigh

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:46 AM

I am thinking maybe your issue is IP address related... perhaps limited on the modem/router end, if I'm wrong ok, happy to explain if I'm right... Having said that, interesting situation though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users