Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 3-12-2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 of 42 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,812 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 10 2013 - 02:37 PM

My plan to cancel the Amazon pre-orders on the Disney discs was shot to smithereens today since I was offline all day painting my master bedroom.  And, wouldn't you know it, every last item from Tuesday's preorders "shipped" today.  Oh well.  Now I have to figure out what I'm going to watch on Tuesday night...

#22 of 42 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,493 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 03:24 PM

The Life of Pi Target coupon appears to be a text/app exclusive...it's not on the website.

#23 of 42 OFFLINE   Michael Cucka

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 11:49 PM

Anyone else get the message from Amazon that Roger Rabbit was delayed due to a "manufacturing issue"? I got an email from them this morning :confused:
Michael Cucka brucknerdoc@comcast.net

#24 of 42 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,654 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 12:37 AM

I got the same Roger Rabbit email. I assume a extra high demand

#25 of 42 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,812 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 11 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, I just mentioned in the RR thread.  I'm not worried.  At all.

#26 of 42 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,642 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted March 11 2013 - 06:20 AM

Is this another Jaws fiasco, where the 2 copies ordered by most retailers sold out in the first minute the store was open on Tuesday?
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#27 of 42 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,812 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 11 2013 - 09:05 AM

So...Brainiac Attacks the Mystery of the Batwoman just showed up on my desk.  The other Disney films (sans Roger Rabbit) are supposedly here in Seattle as of yesterday, so I guess there's an outside chance of them being delivered when I get home tonight.

#28 of 42 OFFLINE   JakeLip

JakeLip

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for the Roundup! Big week: Life of Pi (2D only, no interest in 3D) Hunchback Mulan Brother Bear Roger Rabit Cirque du Solei Rise of the Guardians post-price drop However, I have had too much else this month and none of this is really priority, so all of them will go on my eventually list. Pi will probably be eventually-soon, the others can be eventually-a while from now since they are upgrades, and Cirque can be a rental. Even with the Best Buy deal, the Disney combo packs are just too expensive. It's obvious that the cheapquels, which I don't want, are increasing the price over what they would be if they were releasing just the animated classic by itself. And putting them out in waves doesn't help either because it's a big chunk of change even with the combined purchase deals. Saving my money for Les Miserables next week.

#29 of 42 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,870 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 11:57 AM

You could always do the Disney Movie Club thing and get each Disney title for an avg price of about $8 or so (like mentioned earlier). That's probably what I'll be doing soon enough. Otherwise, nothing from the release week slate for me either. My backlog is too big -- and my Blockbuster Online subscription just reactivated again to boot -- to justify the release week prices for any of these titles. Thanks for another WRU though, Mike. _Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#30 of 42 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 11 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yes and for current members you can get the threee new Disneys and Roger for $75 plus tax. There is a promo of buy 1 get the rest 50% off. If I buy at BB... 25+25+25-6+17=86 I would have to use three $5 rz certs to better then the Disney Club price.
facebook.com/whotony

#31 of 42 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,865 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 11 2013 - 01:32 PM

I did NOT get an e-mail from Amazon that Roger Rabbit has been delayed.

And yet, I also did NOT get an e-mail telling me that Roger Rabbit has shipped.

In other words, I got nuttin'.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#32 of 42 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,529 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:13 PM

I got the delay email from Amazon, but when I go to the order summary page, it says it will be delivered by tomorrow night...not likely since it has not shipped yet. And I ordered this on January 2.

#33 of 42 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,865 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 11 2013 - 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill 

I got the delay email from Amazon, but when I go to the order summary page, it says it will be delivered by tomorrow night...not likely since it has not shipped yet.

And I ordered this on January 2.

I just checked my Orders Page at Amazon and it says my delivery estimate is Thursday night at 8pm.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#34 of 42 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 12 2013 - 03:20 AM

I did NOT get an e-mail from Amazon that Roger Rabbit has been delayed. And yet, I also did NOT get an e-mail telling me that Roger Rabbit has shipped. In other words, I got nuttin'.

Amazon and Best Buy are in cahoots!
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#35 of 42 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,529 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 12 2013 - 04:10 AM

I received another Roger Rabbit email from Amazon. Now they are estimating delivery between March 22 and March 26.

#36 of 42 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 12 2013 - 04:11 AM

So apparently the DVD is full frame and is missing some extras. Another thing I noticed is that there is no pop up menu. Choosing pop up menu on the remote offers two options. One is continue the movie other is simply "menu" which then puts you back to the main menu. Once done there also is no resume the movie feature or ability to save a book mark http://www.hometheat...e/61/id/177717/
facebook.com/whotony

#37 of 42 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,529 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 12 2013 - 06:26 AM

I just cancelled my Amazon order for Roger Rabbit and ordered it from Best Buy....same price, and it will get here sooner.

#38 of 42 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 12 2013 - 10:05 AM

I just cancelled my Amazon order for Roger Rabbit and ordered it from Best Buy....same price, and it will get here sooner.

I just did the same thing. BestBuy.com has free shipping on this title, so it was a no brainer for me.

#39 of 42 OFFLINE   Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 12:39 PM

Full Frame? How can they even call it that anymore when as far as I know, TV's no longer come in 4x3 aspect ratios? So that full frame will not fill your frame on a 16x9 set... yer gonna have bars on the side. They should just recall the thing!

#40 of 42 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,812 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 13 2013 - 01:35 PM

I got some money back from Amazon for the Mulan 2 pack.  The price is down to $22.99 so I got a few bucks as a price match.  Brother Bear and Hunchback are still at $24.99.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users