-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: That Thing You Do! (Blu-ray)

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,335 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 07:29 AM

6c59474d_img2.jpeg

That Thing You Do!
Written by, directed by and co-starring Tom Hanks, this high-energy comedy about fame and friendship dances on to Blu-ray™ for the very first time. Hanks plays the big-hearted manager of a 1960s pop-rock group called The Wonders that becomes a shooting-star sensation thanks to a delightfully catchy chart-topper called: “That Thing You Do!”

That Thing You Do! Special Features
        Tom Hanks Extended Cut         Feel Alright Music Video         The Wonders! Big In Japan!         The Story Of The Wonders         Making That Thing You Do! 
        That Thing You Do! Reunion         HBO First Look: The Making Of That Thing You Do!

That Thing You Do! Blu-ray Street Date: April 2, 2013 Prebook Date: March 6, 2013 Screen Format: Widescreen 1.85:1 Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1   Spanish Surround DD 2.0   French DD 5.1 Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish Total Run Time: 108 Minutes U.S. Rating: PG Closed Captioned: Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,147 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 08 2013 - 08:37 AM

It's nice to know both cuts will be on the disc, and hopefully in HD with the same seamless branching options as the DVD.

The soundtrack got a lot of play back when my sister was still in pre-school. She really loved that "Lovin' You Lots and Lots" song.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#3 of 9 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,771 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 08:40 AM

Great film; glad to see it get the blu-ray treatment.

#4 of 9 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 24 2013 - 07:35 PM

Awesome!

I have been hoping for this for a loooooong time.

I even started a thread asking about the possibility of such a release a while back.  I am unable to find it via the new search engine...but found this thread which I had missed when it premiered a few weeks ago. 

A  truly under-rated film.  Very entertaining. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 9 Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit

• 453 posts
  • LocationCastaic, CA

Posted March 28 2013 - 09:40 AM

One of my all-time favorite movies.  I'd heard that producer Jonathan Demme assisted in the editing department, and based on how much less I like the "Tom Hanks Extended Cut" (not to mention the train wreck that was Larry Crowne), I'm inclined to believe it.

#6 of 9 Vegas 1

Vegas 1

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted April 09 2013 - 12:08 PM

Just read the review on this at Blu-ray.com, the video review does not sound too promising!

#7 of 9 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,890 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 09 2013 - 12:23 PM

Just read the review on this at Blu-ray.com, the video review does not sound too promising!

My review at this site can be found here.

#8 of 9 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 09 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm not as critical of video quality as some here, but I thought the film looked great on my 55" Panny ST50.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#9 of 9 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,771 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 04:15 AM

Watched this last night; delightful movie. I thought the video quality looked good. I'd never seen the extended cut and was pleasantly surprised it added so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users