Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Blu-ray Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 of 145 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,977 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 04 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for all the information on getting a corrected DVD. I kind of put it all aside and was thinking if other things until I found this thread again. You can always depend on the kindness of strangers here on HTF
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#142 of 145 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,184 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted April 04 2013 - 07:52 PM

Zemeckis was big on using VV for FX work. He had first used them on BTTF II to shoot the multiple Michael J. Foxes. ILM found the old cameras which had been unused for decades, rebuilt them and renamed the system "VistaGlide" It was a viable alternative to using 70mm for FX work to reduce grain added through generation loss.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#143 of 145 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,169 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 05 2013 - 04:33 AM

Zemeckis was big on using VV for FX work. He had first used them on BTTF II to shoot the multiple Michael J. Foxes. ILM found the old cameras which had been unused for decades, rebuilt them and renamed the system "VistaGlide" It was a viable alternative to using 70mm for FX work to reduce grain added through generation loss.

That's really fascinating. Some enterprising film buff should do a documentary on VistaVision showing its heyday in the 1950s (the technology won an Oscar) and its comeback as a special effects tool.

#144 of 145 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,184 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted April 05 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, it was basically the VistaVision cameras using motion control: http://backtothefutu...staGlide_Camera
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#145 of 145 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,246 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted April 13 2013 - 02:05 PM

I too appreciate the info on replacing the 4:3 DVDs that were erroneously included in some sets. I sent my disc back to Disney and have now received the corrected disc.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users