Universal A Few Words About

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,495 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 08:27 AM

While one might hope, and even presume, that a major Steven Spielberg production would look glorious on Blu-ray, things are not always written.

Fortunately, in the case of Universal's Schindler's List, our hopes are justified by one of the most startlingly beautiful Blu-rays of the year.

A perfect film from an extraordinary production team, and a superb job by Universal.

No more need be said.

And before anyone asks, the little girl in the red raincoat is the same girl as seen in Don't Look Now...

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Very Highly Recommended, and could not be recommended more highly!

RAH

• ManW_TheUncool likes this

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 01:04 PM

Definitely will be picking this up at some point. I wanted to wait for a price drop, but I have really been in the mood to watch this lately.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,201 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted March 25 2013 - 01:17 PM

Universal's Michael Daruty did a truly wonderful job of restoring the lustre of this movie's beautiful, yet stark, cinematography...I have to agree with RAH's unreserved recommendation for what has to be the ne plus ultra of Spielberg's prodigious film catalog!!! :thumbsup:

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 892 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 06:35 AM

great Picture !  extras are lame at best,nothing new,

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Will*B

Will*B

Second Unit

• 469 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted March 27 2013 - 07:00 AM

It's such a shame there aren't any new extras; I would love to see a definitive documentary about the production.

I can understand Spielberg's reasoning, but it's still frustrating that one of the most beautiful examples of filmmaking from the last 30 years isn't documented from a technical level, as well as an emotional one.

Still - it's the film that counts, and I can't wait to finally see it in HD.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Universal, A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users