Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Musical "Wicked" to Become a Film!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,727 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted March 07 2013 - 05:32 AM

I am so excited to see that the musical Wicked will finally be coming to theaters in a few years. I never got to see it on stage, but I always wanted too. I have read the books, memorized the soundtrack, and seen a recorded low definition of the Musical. I think it's a wonderful story, and can't wait to see it on the Big Screen! http://broadwayworld...t-Soon-20121213

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Chris Will

Chris Will

Supporting Actor

• 738 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted March 07 2013 - 07:23 AM

I saw this on stage with my wife almost 6 or 7 years ago in Tampa. It was a great show, we had a lot of fun. I'm actually surprised it has taken this long for a movie version to be made. My wife and I will most definitely be there day one to see it once it opens.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,528 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 07 2013 - 08:24 AM

I've seen the tour 3-4 times. The first time blew me away--you'll believe a witch can fly! I've also seen the low-def recording, it is pretty bad. I wish they would film the stage version with the original cast.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,023 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 10 2013 - 04:38 AM

I saw this on stage with my wife almost 6 or 7 years ago in Tampa. It was a great show, we had a lot of fun. I'm actually surprised it has taken this long for a movie version to be made. My wife and I will most definitely be there day one to see it once it opens.

Interesting., I surprised my Wife at Christmas with tickets to Wicked in Match 2007 in Tampa -- we were at Disney for Spring Break so it was an easy trip. She had read the book and she/kids had been listening to the soundtrack non-stop for about a year. We also went back a couple years ago when it was more local

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 11 2013 - 01:46 AM

I would love to see a filmed performance (of a full staging) on Great Performances. Or at least have the traveling production come through this area when it's convenient for me to attend. :)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 12:03 PM

My only exposure to Wicked have been episodes of Glee. Then I did a little research on Idina Menzel and was astonished by her vocals and performances. Don't know if she'll be part of this, but really looking forward to it.
Stan

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,025 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 11 2013 - 12:24 PM

The book and the play, to me, are so wildly structurally different I have a hard time relating the first time I saw the play I thought it was kind of a let down.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,299 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:16 PM

After the huge opening for the James Franco "Oz" prequel, greenlighting this was a no-brainer. I hope that Universal teams up with Warner Bros, though, so that they can use all of the copyrighted "Wizard of Oz" imagery that the Disney prequel didn't have access to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users