Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tell us what you will be doing when HTF is offline during our move and win some classic Blu-rays!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 of 101 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,177 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:38 AM

Suffering through the second day of a major project review. The only bright spot, is I won't have computer access, so I won't suffer HTF being offline :)

#42 of 101 Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,291 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:41 AM

Well, I DO have a life outside the forums, you know--Like any new Blu kid with his PS3 And Not An X-Box, I'd started out way back when during the Wars with the other gamer-converted-to-film-buff kids (except that I was already a film buff, and not a kid) over on Blu-ray.com. We don't get as many film-history or vintage 3D discussions there, but I can at least pass myself off as an expert from what I read here. Like the punchline to the old joke about the four priests on the train says, my sin is that I'm a terrible gossip, and can't wait to start spreading some of this stuff around. :P In between, I've still got that backlog of old Amazon deals to watch (the entire Qatsi trilogy sits on my Blu-waiting-list table), and most of the geek-week March hyperactive 3D fairytale blockbusters doesn't quite look enough to entice me back into the theaters, but there is still the advantage using a PS3 as your Blu player: One solid spare-time week of Lego Lord of the Rings, no sleep, and food when I remember to. :D Oh, yeah, and get another chapter of that novel written.

#43 of 101 sidburyjr

sidburyjr

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts
  • LocationMount Pleasant, SC

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:55 AM

As will many of you, I will be doing whatever my wife suggests that I do. I'll also get my collection up to date in DVD profiler and maybe watch some of the movies that I bought on Black Friday and beyond that I haven't had the time to watch yet.

#44 of 101 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,066 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'd normally be itching to update my catalog listings since the June Criterions will probably be announced the 15th, but since it's my birthday I won't actually be online anyway. Spring Training in Arizona that weekend FTW!

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#45 of 101 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,450 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:30 AM

so....watching Blazing Saddles on repeat until yer back....

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

#46 of 101 Tarkin The Ewok

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor

• 654 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'll be at work with Bach on the headphones.

#47 of 101 Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,074 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:08 AM

The usual-- pointing and laughing over and over and over...

#48 of 101 Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:33 AM

Finding a super deal on Amazon then cursing when I can't read A Few Words About..™ it!

#49 of 101 Todd H

Todd H

Go Dawgs!

• 2,038 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted March 06 2013 - 11:32 AM

RIpping my newest blu-rays for the NAS.

#50 of 101 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,545 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 11:39 AM

I promise I will do one of the following things:
  • Save the world from an oncoming asteroid by drilling into it and exploding a nuclear device
  • Make world peace a reality
  • Finally make that film of me making an espresso drink for the Coffee thread in After Hours so Sam can make fun of my lunacy

#51 of 101 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 311 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted March 06 2013 - 01:29 PM

I will spend Friday sobbing uncontrollably and attempting to resist all urges to alleviate same by spending a lot of money. I need money as I'm planning a big trip this fall. The 16th I am having a movie day so my friends will be over to distract me. The current plan is to watch Ben Hur, which it is looking more and more like will be watched on DVD as I'm having rotten luck finding the blu ray of it. That four hours will be a balm, but I am sure I will go back to uncontrollable sobbing until the site comes back online.

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#52 of 101 David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 01:36 PM

Spending the time with my teenage son including going to the movies. So we can figure out which Blu-rays we'll add to our collection.

#53 of 101 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,601 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 06 2013 - 02:09 PM

I've got a weekend of painting the master bedroom already on the calendar, so this was a super easy question to answer!

#54 of 101 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 513 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:20 PM

I happen to have a work pre-emption on March 15th, so...I will spend the morning watching the second Jackson 5ive TV series Blu-ray Disc to mark the occasion. Also, if I can swing it...I will also have a Super Bowl Championshipathon of all the winners I own on Blu-ray Disc since the Saints went all the way back in 2009!!!!!! The newest installment, featuring the incumbent Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens, is due for release Tuesday. If I can get that Blu-ray Disc here in time, then I shall gladly proceed in the order these Super Bowls were won. :D P.S., I just ordered, for a very sweet price, the Super Bowl XXXXIII Championship Blu-ray Disc of the Pittsburgh Steelers, capturing their sixth Lombardi Trophy as won back in 2008. If I can get that one here by next Friday...I will gladly lead off with that particular selection!!!! :P
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#55 of 101 Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 914 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 01:46 AM

I'll be watching "Heaven's Gate" which I TIVO'd off TCM--it's the Director's Cut, so that should take up most of the time...
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#56 of 101 Don Crouch

Don Crouch

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 02:43 AM

I'll be immersed in my new BEN-HUR collector's box, found on Amazon for a mere pittance, thanks to HTF's price falling posts!!

#57 of 101 ajabrams

ajabrams

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'll be celebrating my birthday (March 16), rehearsing for an upcoming production of THE MIKADO, and praying that SAMSON AND DELILAH gets issued on Blu-ray.

#58 of 101 Bobofbone

Bobofbone

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 11:05 AM

Friday I'll be working and making sure my weekend is clear. Saturday morning I'll be at a local steele and cardboard safari, brushing up what used to be high speed engagement for me. Saturday afternoon, I will be cleaning safari implements and watching, I think, "The French Connection". Sunday, I'll loaf, maybe cook "French Toast", read journals, organize garden prep, start making bases for the surge protectors to the subwoofers in my theater to get them off the floor, chop some wood, work out, watch a movie with my wife, and check Sunday night to see it HTF is back on line. Will I actually do all that stuff on Sunday? Probably not. But I will check to see if HTF is back.

#59 of 101 289FIACobra

289FIACobra

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 02:39 PM

Probably spend the weekend narrowing down my search for an AVR: Onkyo and Pioneer are in the mix.

#60 of 101 Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 06:58 PM

Well by that time I will hopefully have published my 1966 Batman project. Which only needs a few more things added or changed to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users