What's new

Tell us what you will be doing when HTF is offline during our move and win some classic Blu-rays! (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
In case you haven't heard, HTF is moving on March 15th. During that time we expect to be down for about 48 hours while things are converted and tested. Let us know what you are going to be doing during that time since HTF will be unavailable.
Best response as voted on by members will win their choice of Singin' in the Rain 60th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition or Casablanca 70th Anniversary Edition, their choice. We will also draw a winner at random from everyone who posts as well.
To vote for the answer you like best give that post a thumbs up. If there is a tie we will pick the winner at random from the members who are tied. You can only post once but vote often!

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Typing "All work and no Home Theater Forum makes Steve a dull boy" over and over again on an old typewriter, I'd imagine.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Watching The Terminator (1984) to finally figure out how John Conner was conceived. Before Kyle Resse was sent back to protect him.

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
HTF's downtime fortunately coincides with the Ides of March. I already planned on having my students analyze a passage from Julius Caesar, and then see why it's relevant to the lieutenant's speech in A Long Way Gone, the book they are currently reading. But to bring some home theatre goodness into the mix, I'll probably watch 1953's Julius Caesar, or go to Barnes & Noble and pick up the Olive Blu-ray of the 1970 version. On the sixteenth, I'm having a mini-reunion with some friends I haven't seen since Christmas. We'll just be having lunch, although a couple may come over afterwards for a movie. Since St. Patrick's Day is Sunday, we could start early and watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
A nephew is getting married on March 16. My daughter has to be at the rehearsal the evening before, so we'll be running around with all that. A busy weekend.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
I'll spend half of the 15th refreshing Criterion's website, checking to see their June releases. Then I'll spend the rest of the time geeking out/being disappointed at the announcement.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I'll be checking to see what Criterion will have in store for June as well, but catching up with some movies that I got for my birthday that I haven't gotten around to yet; that is if I'm not working in the family store.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'll be suffering HTF withdrawal symptoms. I hope I can find a good group to help me get by. "Hello, my name is Johnny, and I'm a HTF addict." Just thought I'd drop in a visual aid to represent my attitude during that time:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'll be clicking on HTF every five minutes to see if it is back yet.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
I'll be catching up on the Criterions I've been missing, and watching Game of Thrones :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Like I noted in another thread, I'll probably be doing a little tomb raiding with the rebooted Lara Croft.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I hope to watch Redemption's new master of THE AWFUL DR. ORLOFF via TCM, plus crossing my fingers for the UK bd of Hammer's DRACULA to show up early (or at least sooner rather than later). Not to mention slogging through whatever the weather will be like in Chicago (currently getting hammered by a snowstorm...). Then, of course, trying to tackle the ever-expanding and neverending backlog of movies I've been accumulating...

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Porbably still be sick with the flu, it's hit me really hard so far. If I'm awake then i'll proabably just watch one of many DVD's or Blu-rays that I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Ken Volok

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken Volok
Working on my own movie "Day of Wrath" and hopefully unspooling a few by other people.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There are many things I could do. I would like to have my iPad on my lap while hitting the refresh button every few seconds. Would like to spend the free time with my wife. Maybe I could visit my parents or grandparents. Take the dogs for a walk. Go out for a run. Tale a long drive out to the country What I will likely be doing is using the time to prepare and pack for our soon to come move to Orlando from the Philly 'burbs. Disney and Universal Studios here we come.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Watching with hilarious laughter at the Wheeler & Woolsey RKO Collection and then shead tears at several Fox MODs I bought because I wanted them but they are nowhere near the quality of the WAC transfers. #iamastupidfilmlover.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I'll be voluntarily working a fish fry at my American Legion. I hope the transfer goes smooth and that it will be up and running again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'll still be posting like mad... and will cut & paste every word from a .doc file once the move is done. :cool: (adding a visual illustration too, this is getting too serous)
2e435eaf_happy-internet-surfer.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks