Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony str dn1030 question.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   polaco163

polaco163

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 02:59 AM

I recently bought the Sony str dn1030 since it was on sale at best buy. Do you guys think its a good buy or should I have gone with something else? I got it because its features like built In wi fi and Bluetooth. My other question is I have my cable box connected using hdmi now at night how can I shut off the surround sound and use the tv speakers? I tried turning off the receiver but I loose the image. Are there anything in the setting that I need to change? Thank you.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,734 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted March 05 2013 - 01:53 PM

The 1030 does offer a lot for the money but most members would probably say you could have done better with an Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer etc. Sony is fine for displays and bluray players but their receivers are a little on the low end. But owners seem satisfied with them so if your happy with it that's all that matters. You need to set HDMI Pass Through to "On". See pg 98 of the manual.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   polaco163

polaco163

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thank you. I just noticed something on the receiver. I have my pc hooked up thru hdmi on the tv and not into the receiver now when I'm using the av receiver for sound the audio keeps cutting in and out. I noticed something like lpcm 48 something like that keeps coming on the av display. I hooked up the pc directly into the av receiver and its working fine now but why does that happen if not connect directly in av receiver?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,478 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 06 2013 - 12:36 AM

Because you aren't supposed to use the TV(Any TV) as the hub. Unless you want problems with your audio. The whole point of Audio Video Receiver is to use it as, well, an AVR.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,478 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 06 2013 - 12:36 AM

Because you aren't supposed to use the TV(Any TV) as the hub. Unless you want problems with your audio. The whole point of Audio Video Receiver is to use it as, well, an AVR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users