• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 rlloporto

rlloporto

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 07:00 PM

Ive recently purchased a new townhome, and want to install some in-ceiling speakers.. I'd like good quality for the money... Any recommendations...? These would be the rear channel speakers... for 5.1. My budget is approx $400... Not sure what to get..

#2 of 6 FL-GATOR

FL-GATOR

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 03:30 PM

I am not an audiophile. So what I'm going to suggest is purely from experience. For my theater I put in a 5:1 setup and bought OSD Audio ICE-640 pro series speakers. This was almost 2 years ago, so things may have changed. I love them. They sound great. I actually have bought a pile of these speakers for my entire house (but have only installed them in my office at the moment). While I researched almost every component of my audio/video setup, this was the wide card. I'm looking forward to finding the time to put the rest of these in the bedrooms, kitchen, living room and garage. You can change the direction and the treble/bass on each manually. I thought I would change the treble/bass, but have left all of them at the factory settings as I find the sound to be true. This, of course, is subjective.

#3 of 6 Mr645

Mr645

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted March 04 2013 - 01:27 AM

I have heard the Parasound 8" speakers and they sound really nice for rear speakers. I also heard a system that was done with car audio coax speakers for all 5 positions. Fronts and center in wall and rear in ceiling. With the sub it also sounded quite good considering the low cost. I think the Pioneer 6" coax, 5 of them were under $400 and the sub (forgot the brand) was $200, and the $299 Onkyo receiver was chosen for HDMI and 4 ohm capability

#4 of 6 MattB101

MattB101

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 08:31 PM

I am not an audiophile. So what I'm going to suggest is purely from experience. For my theater I put in a 5:1 setup and bought OSD Audio ICE-640 pro series speakers. This was almost 2 years ago, so things may have changed. I love them. They sound great. I actually have bought a pile of these speakers for my entire house (but have only installed them in my office at the moment). While I researched almost every component of my audio/video setup, this was the wide card. I'm looking forward to finding the time to put the rest of these in the bedrooms, kitchen, living room and garage. You can change the direction and the treble/bass on each manually. I thought I would change the treble/bass, but have left all of them at the factory settings as I find the sound to be true. This, of course, is subjective.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at OSD speakers. They look like a great deal for someone on a tight budget like me.

Sent from my recliner. Retired Navy E-8

Edited by MattB101, April 24 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#5 of 6 MattB101

MattB101

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 06:44 AM

I've had a lot of good experience with Source Technology.  These are right at your budget.

John Solicito has always been easy to work with whenever I've contacted him about anything.

http://www.sourcespe...com/IC6-SL.html

Where can I get pricing on these?

#6 of 6 fuzz092888

fuzz092888

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew New York

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:59 AM

Where can I get pricing on these?

Sorry, had a little mishap where I accidentally got banned for a few hours.

Anyways, here is the link.  The price is $195 per speaker.

http://www.sourcespe...nwallist-4.html

Edited by fuzz092888, April 25 2013 - 10:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users