Fantastic Four 60's Cartoon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 622 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 05:25 PM

This one puzzles me a little. Superhero shows are usually a slam dunk when it comes to distributors due to the ready made consumer base for this stuff, but you hear very little about this one. I don't recall any ongoing issues with Marvel Comics/Stan Lee when it comes to any distribution rights to their products and characters so there must be some other obstacle. Any ideas?

#2 of 8 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,223 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 12:42 AM

This program has the same problem another 1960s Superhero Series has, namely "Right's Issues". Disney owns Marvel, but Warner Brothers owns Hanna-Barbera. :f

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,333 :biggrin: ( 746 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,395   :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#3 of 8 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 02:48 AM

This program has the same problem another 1960s Superhero Series has, namely "Right's Issues". Disney owns Marvel, but Warner Brothers owns Hanna-Barbera. :f

And Unfortunately since the rights are divided between two major studios the chances of it ever being released are slim to none.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#4 of 8 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 04:01 AM

I DVR'ed it off Boomerang a few years ago. Copies look pretty good.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#5 of 8 JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yep, I think X-Men Evolution is under a similar situation, no?

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#6 of 8 JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:17 AM

And speaking of which, does Disney have to go through anyone else to FINALLY get some releases of the '80s Marvel series?

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#7 of 8 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 738 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 12:23 PM

And speaking of which, does Disney have to go through anyone else to FINALLY get some releases of the '80s Marvel series?

I gave up waiting and ordered several series like the 70s Fantastic Four, Spiderman and his amazing friends, and The incredible Hulk from Amazon in the uk, and play them on my region 2 player.

#8 of 8 John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yep, I think X-Men Evolution is under a similar situation, no?

Actually, I heard the rights to that show reverted to Disney/Marvel two years ago. Unfortunately, Disney/Marvel doesn't seem to have much interest in releasing more of their older cartoons on DVD stateside at the moment. Anyone else wish that WB would trade Disney/Marvel the rights to the 60's FF cartoon (and their stake in the 2000's FF cartoon) in exchange for the rights to the Gen 13 animated movie?
Warners: Please release the rest of Taz-Mania, Duck Dodgers, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, all of Road Rovers, Histeria, Cow & Chicken, Saturday Pants, Pinky Elmyra & The Brain, Tiny Toons Night Ghoulery & Spring Break specials, Wakko's Wish and a complete uncut Tex Avery set (with correct colors and NO DVNR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users