What's new

[Help] Need to buy new Speakers 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
Hi, i have Techniks SB-F2
Gross Volume: 5,5 l Frequency Response: 48 Hz to 20 kHz - 16 dB Rated capacity: 50 watts Music capacity: 75 watts Rated impedance: 8 ohms Dimensions: 138 x 254 x 157 mm Weight per piece: 3,3 kg Color: silver Special features: "Linear phase" - two compact speaker system, diecast alumium enclosures
they are connected to technics SU-C04
Form Integrated DC amplifier Effective output (20Hz - 20kHz) 30W+30W (8 ohms, 0.007%) THD 0.007% (Output-power-3dB, 20Hz - 20kHz) Output bandwidth (THD 0.02%, 8ohms) 5Hz - 50kHz Frequency characteristic 20Hz-20kHz+0 -0.3 dB SN ratio (IHF-A) Phono MM:82dB Tuner, Tape, Aux: 98dB Remains noise 0.5mV Dumping factor 60 (8ohms) Input sensitivity/impedance Phono man month: 2.5mV / 47kohm Tape, Tuner, Aux:150mV /, 22kohm Phono maximum permissible input (1kHz, RMS) 130mV Tone control Bass: ±10dB (50Hz) Treble: ±10dB (20kHz) Loudness control (VR-30dB) +9dB(50Hz) Power source AC100V, 50Hz/60Hz Power consumption 78W Dimensions Width 297x height 74x depth of 230mm Weight 4.5kg
and connected to my computer to audigy SE ( might buy xonar dg 5.1 in near future ). I need to change my speakers cause one of them broke down, my budget is arround 150dlls. ( i live in argentina) i use my pc for games music and movies ( so everything ) I wanted something that sounds as goos as my previous speakers, but can manage to mantain the quality at higher volume ( my technics sounded GREAT at low volumes, but distorted when tryting to listen at high volume ) Questions: 1) Should i get bookShelf or floor standing speakers (beside de dimentrion dunno if there is a sound wuality/power difference) 2) minimum wattage recommended ( besides de 50w that the amp requires) 3) do i have to get 8ohms speakers or i can buy other type ? 4) how con i differentiate between good / mediocre / bad speakers ? ( for example, are these good ? :http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-446852711-baffles-klh-made-in-usa-60-rms-nuevos-en-caja-microcentro-_JM ) 5) can you givme anykind of recommendation or complete guide to understand mor about speakers and make a good buy THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
We need to know what you have access to, as in brands. Those KLH are at least as "good" as what you had. Matching watts is a pointless endeavor. Within reason...power destroys nothing...distortion/clipping destroys everything.

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
i will probably start looking for used speakers, at the moment y can only find klipsch and edifier top buy new ones. but i will start looking for used ones and i will post the ones that seem good

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
how about this ones ? http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-451396605-magnificos-bafles-parlantes-jvc-sp-3-japan-cnuevos-_JM

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
schan1269 said:
IF you listen to predominantly rock/dance music, those would be great.
i listen to rock , punk rock mainly. but take into account that i also watch lots of movies and games, so they have to be adaptable to any situtiation, :P dunno how to express it in technical language :rolleyes:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Those JVC are a 70s design that went on into the 80s. They are a paper cone tweeter. Nobody uses them anymore(except Bose). They will lack the detail of a "modern" tweeter, but...you can always replace that tweeter with another tweeter...eventually. They won't sound horrible...just won't be as detailed as a dome metal/poly tweeter.

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
thanks for the answers, i leave you the "argentinian amazon" link, the serch is already narrowed down to 15 articles: http://electronica.mercadolibre.com.ar/parlantes-y-subwoofers-parlantes/_OrderId_PRICE*DESC_ItemTypeID_U_PciaId_Capital-Federal_PriceRange_800-1300

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
schan1269 said:
You'd probably like those JBL E20.
i read the post on jbl20, its that price for EACH speaker -.- , so its the double of the money i intend to pay

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
how about this ones ? http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-447739503-ken-brown-studio-b3-impecables-de-verdad-como-nuevos-_JM

Mops

Auditioning
Real Name
Matias
ive found these for the price i intend to pay. what do you think Technics SB-LX 70 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks