New guy from New York

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   jsf721

jsf721

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:19 PM

Glad to have found this place. Just finished re building after a major flood caused by hurricane sandy. Jumped into technology overload. I had a system installed and it is almost perfect but I am looking to fine tune 2 issues 1. I wanted to control a 6 zone speaker switch with my iPhone. So far no way my guy can find works. I have an Aton remote but I was hoping to be remote-less. Any apps or ideas 2. I have a new denon receiver and when using Internet radio. Re local stations stopped populating. Any idea why? Thanks for any help or guidance. Have a great night Jeff

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:38 PM

Welcome to HTF, Jeff! I can't answer your questions, but I'll bet someone will be along who can.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   jsf721

jsf721

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the bump. I am on several forums but for cars and photography. Feeling very in the dark right now. Have a good night.

Welcome to HTF, Jeff! I can't answer your questions, but I'll bet someone will be along who can.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,148 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 01 2013 - 02:39 AM

Have you looked into the Harmony Remote app?

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   jsf721

jsf721

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 01:18 AM

How would the harmony app cause the local Internet station to show up on my denon app? I am very new to this? Thanks

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,148 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 02 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm not sure. If you were starting from scratch, I'd recommend a multi-room system from Sonos. You can control each zone individually, all the same of any combination and all from a smart phone or tablet.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   jsf721

jsf721

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:57 PM

I have 6 zones so that would mean I need 6 sonos units at about 350 a pop it is very expensive. As it sits the one Aton unit does it all but sadly I am saddled with a remote. Am I wrong? I hope so. Thanks Jeff

I'm not sure. If you were starting from scratch, I'd recommend a multi-room system from Sonos. You can control each zone individually, all the same of any combination and all from a smart phone or tablet.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,148 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 04 2013 - 02:33 AM

Based on this link, step 3 you can control this with an IR remote - http://www.atonhome....uide_DLA246.pdf Since you can do this, the Harmony can control this. Since the Harmony can control this, the Harmony smart phone app can do the same.

How would the harmony app cause the local Internet station to show up on my denon app?

I would think they would be separate apps but you could probably run them both at the same time. My Droid phone has no issues with running multiple apps at the same time.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   jsf721

jsf721

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for responding. I have an RF Aton Remove I need to emulate since the IR is just line of site and I need to work whole house. The reciever is "on the network" hard wires. I got myself ina very complex situation and I just missed on this. Guess I have to deal with a remote is all.

Based on this link, step 3 you can control this with an IR remote - http://www.atonhome....uide_DLA246.pdf Since you can do this, the Harmony can control this. Since the Harmony can control this, the Harmony smart phone app can do the same. I would think they would be separate apps but you could probably run them both at the same time. My Droid phone has no issues with running multiple apps at the same time.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,148 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 05 2013 - 03:32 AM

I did not spend much time on the Aton site but if the RF remote goes to something that converts it to IR then you are good to go with a Harmony app. It will learn your Aton IR commands. When you press the virtual buttons on the app, they go from wifi to the Harmony base station and out to the Aton via IR emitters. The nice thing about a Harmony is that you can also set it up to control the Denon.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   jsf721

jsf721

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 03:40 AM

I have it controlling the Denon AVR, the Samsung TV, Apple TV, DVD Blu ray. and using hte dennon App to control the radio functions. For some reason the local stations are not loading and they were originally. Need to figure that out.

I did not spend much time on the Aton site but if the RF remote goes to something that converts it to IR then you are good to go with a Harmony app. It will learn your Aton IR commands. When you press the virtual buttons on the app, they go from wifi to the Harmony base station and out to the Aton via IR emitters. The nice thing about a Harmony is that you can also set it up to control the Denon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users