-

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: The Last Stand (Blu-ray)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,517 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 05:28 AM

Posted Image     

When the leader of a drug cartel escapes from the FBI and attempts to make his way to Mexico, it's up to Arnold Schwarzenegger to stop him in his tracks in The Last Stand arriving on Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View on May 21from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. The Last Stand will also be available for Digital Download on April 30, three weeks prior to the Blu-ray, DVD and Video on Demand release.

In addition to Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Last Stand features an all-star cast including Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland), Johnny Knoxville (Jackass: The Movie), Rodrigo Santoro (What To Expect When You're Expecting), Jaimie Alexander (Thor), Luis Guzmán (Arthur), Eduardo Noriega (Vantage Point), Peter Stormare (TV's "Prison Break"), Zach Gilford (TV's "Friday Night Lights") and Genesis Rodriguez (Man on a Ledge).

After leaving his LAPD narcotics post following a bungled operation that left him wracked with remorse and regret, Sheriff Ray Owens (Schwarzenegger) moved out of Los Angeles and settled into a life fighting what little crime takes place in sleepy border town Sommerton Junction. But that peaceful existence is shattered when Gabriel Cortez (Noriega), the most notorious, wanted drug kingpin in the western hemisphere, makes a deadly yet spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy.

With the help of a fierce band of lawless mercenaries led by the icy Burrell (Stormare), Cortez begins racing towards the US-Mexico border at 250 mph in a specially-outfitted Corvette ZR1 with a hostage in tow.  Cortez' path: straight through Summerton Junction, where the whole of the U.S. law enforcement, including Agent John Bannister (Whitaker) will have their final opportunity to intercept him before the violent fugitive slips across the border forever. At first reluctant to become involved, and then counted out because of the perceived ineptitude of his small town force, Owens ultimately rallies his team and takes the matter into his own hands, setting the stage for a classic showdown.

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD are filled with action-packed bonus materials including, deleted/extended and alternate scenes, a "making of" featurette which follows the movie from story development to action-film realization, a look at the director's innovative stunts, car scenes and techniques as well as Arnold's camaraderie with his cast and crew.  The Last Stand Blu-ray Disc and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*

• "Not In My Town: Making The Last Stand"featurette
  • "Cornfield Chaos" featurette
  • "The Dinkum Firearm and Historic Weaponry Museum" featurette
  • "Actor-Cam Anarchy: with Johnny Knoxville and Jaimie Alexander" featurette
  • Deleted/Extended & Alternate Scenes
  • *Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 2012

Title Copyright: The Last Stand, Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2013 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved

Type: Theatrical Release

Rating: R for strong bloody violence throughout and language

Genre: Action

Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH

DVD Closed Captioned: English

Subtitles: English and Spanish

Feature Running Time:107minutes

Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)

DVD Format: 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)

Blu-ray Audio Status:7.1 DTS HD Master Audio and 5.1 Spanish Dolby Digital

DVD Audio Status: English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

Ronald J Epstein
    Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 Will*B

Will*B

Second Unit

• 467 posts
    • LocationLondon, England

Posted February 27 2013 - 07:00 AM

I really enjoyed this film - wonderful to see Arnie back on the big screen. Looking forward to the BD.

It's such a shame it didn't do well financially, as it'll put the brakes on films like this being made in the future. Instead, studios will go for safer projects like the inevitable (and inevitably awful) Die Hard 6, 7, 8, etc...

#3 of 6 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 07:52 AM

Even though the film semi tanked at the box office, I doubt it will diminish Arnold's star value very much.
    See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#4 of 6 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,745 posts
    • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 27 2013 - 08:05 AM

I'm sure the over seas take will insure us many more Arnold crap-fests in the future.

This one bombed out before I got  chance to see it. I'll grab the blu when it hits the bins. the cast is too ridiculous to apss up. Johnny Knoxville, Forest Whittaker, Louiz Guizman and Peter Stormare all in the same film? With Arnold? It's IRRESISTIBLE!

#5 of 6 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'm sure the over seas take will insure us many more Arnold crap-fests in the future. This one bombed out before I got  chance to see it. I'll grab the blu when it hits the bins. the cast is too ridiculous to apss up. Johnny Knoxville, Forest Whittaker, Louiz Guizman and Peter Stormare all in the same film? With Arnold? It's IRRESISTIBLE!

Copy that.
    See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#6 of 6 Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 01:46 AM

official Trade ad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users