Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

With this living room, can i buy a HT 5.1 ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Feiva

Feiva

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi Guys, i need your help. I'd like to purchase an home theater system but i've a lot of doubts because (as you can see from my basic drawing) i think that my living room is not arranged in a good way for an HT 5.1 and i can't change the couches and the TV position. What do you think?

#2 of 2 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,673 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:48 AM

If re-arranging your furniture isn't an option then maybe a good soundbar/subwoofer combo would be the best option for you. I really don't have any experience with them but some of the better ones are supposed sound pretty good. You can get ones that are self-powered or ones that can be hooked up to a traditional receiver.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users