Photo
- - - - -

Duck You Sucker! / Fistful of Dynamite blu ray?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 Stefan Andersson

Stefan Andersson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 01:07 AM

A restoration/reissue of DYS might profit by restoring the full opening Chairman Mao quote. It´s on the full-length laser disc.

#22 of 27 Osato

Osato

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for the link. This usually indicates that some release is coming from the director correct?

Looking forward to good news on this very soon!!

#23 of 27 Derrick King

Derrick King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 09:04 AM

Those "Explore > People >" pages are for cast and crew from films that Criterion has released on DVD/Blu-ray, but last year someone on the criterionforum discovered empty pages for people whose films  were not yet (but now have been released by Criterion) or still aren't in the collection. (Here is the thread at criterionforum.org.)

It had seemed to me that the Leone listing (which is followed by a number of the cast of TGTBATU, just change the last digit in the url) was a cruel joke, but since Criterion is releasing ITS A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, I'm starting to believe.

#24 of 27 Osato

Osato

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 01:53 PM

Those "Explore > People >" pages are for cast and crew from films that Criterion has released on DVD/Blu-ray, but last year someone on the criterionforum discovered empty pages for people whose films  were not yet (but now have been released by Criterion) or still aren't in the collection. (Here is the thread at criterionforum.org.)

It had seemed to me that the Leone listing (which is followed by a number of the cast of TGTBATU, just change the last digit in the url) was a cruel joke, but since Criterion is releasing ITS A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, I'm starting to believe.

Interesting. I hope Criterion follows through on this and can finally get the transfers right.

#25 of 27 HDvision

HDvision

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationPandora

Posted July 13 2013 - 02:59 AM

I don't have any hope. Because of the copyrights issue (most Leone films are shared by a variety of co-producing companies and separate distributors depending on the countries), unless the italians gets everyone to agree on terms and finances, it's impossible to get any of Leone films in the ideal Blu-ray versions they should be (italian + US + french + german + other countries dubs in both original untouched mono and 5.1 remixes and uncut).

So essentialy, fans have to turn to grey areas and make their own soundtracks married with the italian video releases.

Also the international version of GBU, that existed on the original 1998 DVD release, is now erased from the face of the earth, where it should be the reference version (the new SE is like a fan edit with the added grotto scene that shouldn't be in it and is not in the italian cut).

#26 of 27 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted July 14 2013 - 11:57 AM

Criterion is the last and only hope for these films to get any worthwhile high-def release as we all know MGM can't afford to do restorations. They mostly just pass recycled transfers off as Blu-rays and call it a day. The only films that have had a number of decent HD masters struck have been select James Bond titles and cult oddities and most of the latter were intended for cable broadcast. When it comes to classics, the studio has been sadly lackluster. 

#27 of 27 Osato

Osato

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 07:35 AM

I wonder if the set could come in 2014 with the 50th anniversary of Fistful Of Dollars (1964)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users